WTF is this!!???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there more to this story?

I posted the pic on Reddit, and they believe it is a Saltwater fish, a Longtail seamoth, Pegasus volitans.

And I gotta say, it looks strikingly similar.

How did a ocean fish end up with your Koi is what I'd like to know..

55263b93a1ee1_235380n.jpg

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya'll know....................... THIS IS A JOKE!!!!

***deerwhacker444*** Ding...Ding...Ding!!! You get the prize !!!!

New house......yes.

Koi pond and invader fish............totally bogus!!!

I though I'd wait or even throw in a few more pictures and questions and see how far it would go. I mean, I could really post some good pictures and ask questions but I think I'll let the cat out of the bag. There's been a few "what is this" post and I thought I'd "liven" it up with MY What is this post!!!...................:smack:

I was hoping someone would catch it and say "Come on Cohiba!!! How in the h3ll did that fish end up in Oklahoma and in your Koi pond...wtf"!!!! This is a joke...right!!???

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I lived in Arkansas my boys and I were shooting off Roman Candles since it was the 4th-or neat that date and the retired neighbor guy (ret military) comes out with a shotgun so we quit playing. So every time we went fishing if I caught a gar I'd throw it over the fence into his pond. Maybe that's what someone did to your koi pond... You make anyone mad lately?

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I built a new home(I totally DO NOT recommend this) and we have a new Koi pond in the back yard. I was back there today(this afternoon) and pulled this thing out.

WTF is this????????????

Obviously this is a juvenile ichthyosaurus which has escaped extinction. I haven’t seen one of these in over 200 million years.

7edc1deaa24abed5c71a1ac794ef6060.jpg
02e27a6a03c8459699ea8c22ed0fd45a.jpg
57542b352ffde49b4dcfbdc2b612a505.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I built a new home(I totally DO NOT recommend this) and we have a new Koi pond in the back yard. I was back there today(this afternoon) and pulled this thing out.

WTF is this????????????

Ok, I fell for it too. Spent an hour on the net looking for WTF this is.
Had a goldfish pond, not a koi pond. Big mistake putting it under a pecan tree. Had to get in there every fall and remove the limbs and falling leaves before they started rotting and depleting O2.
The Gray Cranes and raccoons kept the goldfish populating in check. After a couple years of replacing them, the front loader on the tractor fixed my issue. Flat ground now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom