XBox 360 vs PS3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of getting a gaming system for a while. Thinking now might be the time to go for it. I won't buy the latest and greatest... too much $$$. Not interested.

So, between XBOX and PS3, which would you choose based on reason. Also, anything I should know, ie what works if upgrading hard drive, backwards compatibility, etc.

I know people with each system, otherwise I'd probably just go with the system my friends/family were on.

One other big question, which games are exclusive? I'd mostly be playing first person shooter games, or driving games. Other interests are things like Portal, the puzzle/physics game.

I know Halo is an exclusive, but I'm pretty much a noob to gaming, so I have no idea what other games are exclusive that might mean anything to me.

Also, what about online play? I know xbox is a pay-to-play, but I've heard that psx might be going that way.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PS3...free online play with decent features, nearly complete multimedia features, better controllers IMO, plenty of titles, and no ***king Microsoft. With an XBOX, you have to pay for an account to even use Netflix (which you already pay for).

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Xbox accessories are expensive. Upgrading a PS3 HDD is cheaper and pretty simple. There are great exclusives on both platforms and tons of multiplatform games. PS3 makes a better multimedia player as well, plus it has Blu-ray.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Latest posts

Top Bottom