Yet Another Misleading Headline from USA Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, shocking I know, but this is so far over the top

USA TODAY poll: Americans favor stricter gun control
http://usat.me?139111

But right in the body of the text it plainly states that only 24% believe stricter gun control would prevent mass shootings.

What it should have been titled is 76% of Americans DON'T Favor Stricter Gun Control.

Too bad the majority of sheeple only read the headlines.
:pissed:

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, shocking I know, but this is so far over the top

USA TODAY poll: Americans favor stricter gun control
http://usat.me?139111

But right in the body of the text it plainly states that only 24% believe stricter gun control would prevent mass shootings.

What it should have been titled is 76% of Americans DON'T Favor Stricter Gun Control.

Too bad the majority of sheeple only read the headlines.
:pissed:

I think that you can word the questions in a way that you can get the results you want.
In this particular case if you add the numbers you get a majority.
"24% of adults selected stricter gun control laws, 15% favored better mental health screening, 9% favored more education for children about violence and the proper use of guns, and 8% favored more extensive background checks for gun purchasers."
What they forgot to tell us is that a person that favors better mental screening does not necessarily want stricter gun controls and so on.
After they make the calls they "weigh" the results depending on the people polled and what the pollster thinks.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Further proof that truth in media is irrelevant. You can steer it to any conclusion you like, so long as you own it! The LMSM is never going to acknowledge that America is a gun culture, and always will be. :(

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheep love it, they use small words. That way it is easy for their readers to understand, and use what they learned via hooked on phonics.

I'm a news junky and they were one of the first to get into the app store, so you take what you can get. I travel quite a bit and nearly every hotel has them at your door or a stack in the lobby. I think the hotel chains are their only paying customers.

To me they are the cliff notes of the left, which is all the effort I want to put into their bias. Sadly, most folks never read more than cliff notes from either side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom