Yet another reason to NEVER do business with BofA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ditched BoA years ago and have never looked back. USAA has always been a pleasure to do business with and as a result, I try to give them first dibs any time I need to do business with a bank.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
BOA is the biggest piece of crap bank I have ever dealt with!!

We have had to deal with BOA a few times in the last few years, due to circumstances beyond our control.

They wouldn't even honor a check from BOA at a branch in South OKC.

I hate seeing their commercials on TV where they are portrayed as helping the "little guy" get a business started.

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My own problems with BofA date to the late 70's...back when the government first started doing direct deposit. In the day, BoA would get a very large credit from the Fed on military payday, to be distributed to all the various savings, checking etc accounts that military members had. BoA would hold the money for up to a week before doing anything with it. I didn't know about this at the time, and being a young freshly minted sailor, didn't know how to fight it, either. Cost me a bundle in bounced check fees. I wouldn't recommend BoA to an enemy.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
D@#n IT. My Bass Pro Credit card is thru Bank of America.

Same here. We buy everything on that card, pay it off and rack up the BP points. I've always hated BoA, but they are the only card company that I know of that allows me to set up an automatic payoff of the balance due. Seems all the other banks support a "fixed" automatic amount, so you end up paying interest if you don't pay it manually.

I guess I'm going to have to find another card with another bank that provides another loyalty payback. And to think, my wife actually proposed last month the idea to use the points to buy guns at BP, then flip them for the cash! I was looking forward to trying that out by "accidentally" purchasing guns that wouldn't flip at BP prices. Shame...

Latest posts

Top Bottom