You better get in line.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, advise where someone in need can locate it ? Rather backhanded comment to a situation that leaves no options.

You can't. You have to plan ahead like the guy above posted. It's not just a "run to the local shop and grab a brick" anymore.

Until people - read: everyone - stops paying marked up prices to "resellers", that won't change.

I don't care if your kids want to shoot, you miss your .22, or what. As long as people are willing to pay 200% of the regular retail price, there will be people lining up every day to get every last box off the shelf.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as people are willing to pay 200% of the regular retail price, there will be people lining up every day to get every last box off the shelf.

I don't know why we can't understand this. :hithead:
There was a time when it really pissed me off.
Now I just scratch my head and wonder.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't. You have to plan ahead like the guy above posted. It's not just a "run to the local shop and grab a brick" anymore.

Until people - read: everyone - stops paying marked up prices to "resellers", that won't change.

I don't care if your kids want to shoot, you miss your .22, or what. As long as people are willing to pay 200% of the regular retail price, there will be people lining up every day to get every last box off the shelf.

Yup. Reminds me of some advice someone gave me awhile ago: Don't be frustrated, be fascinated.

People freaking out over .22LR fascinate me. LOL

I don't know why we can't understand this. :hithead:
There was a time when it really pissed me off.
Now I just scratch my head and wonder.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And until we quit jumping on the internet announcing that so and so has 22lr available.......................................

Like that really helps the situation...i'm all for brotherhood and kumbya and all that, but it's time to let everyone fend for themselves and go to the store and check. I wish all these damn apps and stuff would ceace to exist and everyone would jsut be quiet and let the ammo build back up.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because they've figured out the perfect ratio of price and availability. That ratio has the effect of creating the illusion of a shortage, prolonging a feeding frenzy, and moving product like mad. If they jack with that ratio they upset the apple cart and may end up with product sitting on a shelf. Would you want to be the guy responsible for that decision?

Walmart Gods to Junior Exec: "So, let me get this straight. We were selling product like crazy. People were standing in line for it, gobbling it up, and we were making a killing. You decided to raise the price and end that run why?

Junior Exec: "Because I wanted to gouge the gougers, sir?"

Yeah, that sounds smart. LOL.

But retailers don't adhere to this "perfect ratio of price/availability" with other items. If they are selling a **** ton of gas the price goes up. If a natural disaster wipes out power then generators go for a premium. So why shouldn't they make some of the profit they are giving up to these bozos?

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quite obvious its not a run and grab a brick anytime anymore. My point is that the only way you can get your hands on a box is to pay the market price. In my mind an extra 30 bucks a brick is well worth the cost of sitting in walmart for hours on end. My time is worth more than their markup. If I want a brick I'll have it delivered to my house and gladly the pay for that convenience. No way am I going to play this rat race game. If I was trying to hoard a stockpile under this practice yes that would be stupid. Calling a man stupid for buying by ways of only means possible is ignorant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom