You better get in line.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha....ok that did look a bit off.
Need = having zero ammo on hand and wanting to go shoot some this Saturday.

Need and wanting are two different things. Maybe you should say "I need to go out ptarmigan hunting this weekend so I can put meat on the table for my wives and 14 children." Now that would be a need instead of a want. I'd give ya 20 rounds for that kinda need.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. And thanks for the gesture. My point however is how does the average Joe get 22lr when his stock is low? By getting his hands on some from the only means possible by way of gunbroker, armslist, OSA classifieds whatever...does not give justification for being stupid.

Need and wanting are two different things. Maybe you should say "I need to go out ptarmigan hunting this weekend so I can put meat on the table for my wives and 14 children." Now that would be a need instead of a want. I'd give ya 20 rounds for that kinda need.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. And thanks for the gesture. My point however is how does the average Joe get 22lr when his stock is low? By getting his hands on some from the only means possible by way of gunbroker, armslist, OSA classifieds whatever...does not give justification for being stupid.

Beat the neckbeards to walmart. Get the brass badger app. You can beat them.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously, why should they bother or care? They are selling product as fast as they can put it on the shelf. Unless there is some indication that people are no longer shopping for anything at Walmart because there is no .22 there, why would they try to change anything?

Why don't they gouge the gougers? I mean they are clearly leaving profit on the table if they are just supplying inventory for someone else to sell. At this point I would rather line the pockets of faceless corporations than have these bottom feeders screw everyone else.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't they gouge the gougers? I mean they are clearly leaving profit on the table if they are just supplying inventory for someone else to sell. At this point I would rather line the pockets of faceless corporations than have these bottom feeders screw everyone else.

Because they've figured out the perfect ratio of price and availability. That ratio has the effect of creating the illusion of a shortage, prolonging a feeding frenzy, and moving product like mad. If they jack with that ratio they upset the apple cart and may end up with product sitting on a shelf. Would you want to be the guy responsible for that decision?

Walmart Gods to Junior Exec: "So, let me get this straight. We were selling product like crazy. People were standing in line for it, gobbling it up, and we were making a killing. You decided to raise the price and end that run why?

Junior Exec: "Because I wanted to gouge the gougers, sir?"

Yeah, that sounds smart. LOL.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because they've figured out the perfect ratio of price and availability. That ratio has the effect of creating the illusion of a shortage, prolonging a feeding frenzy, and moving product like mad. If they jack with that ratio they upset the apple cart and may end up with product sitting on a shelf. Would you want to be the guy responsible for that decision?

Walmart Gods to Junior Exec: "So, let me get this straight. We were selling product like crazy. People were standing in line for it, gobbling it up, and we were making a killing. You decided to raise the price and end that run why?

Junior Exec: "Because I wanted to gouge the gougers, sir?"

Yeah, that sounds smart. LOL.

You make an excellent point, but I wonder if things now haven't taken on an "auction fever" type phenomenon, where people will pay more than they should (or more than it's worth) just for the ability to say "I win! I got to the .22 first!" I think maybe these neckbeards would likely overpay, just because this has become a competetive sport, and they can claim victory every time it shows and they are first in line. I guess, until their markup is so absurd that no one will pay it, and they are stuck with overpriced .22. But then judging by what many are paying for it now, that threshhold has yet to be reached - and should have been.

I believe you're right about that ratio, though.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am surprised as fast as it disappears that Wal Mart (corporate sets prices) hasn't bumped up the price a little.

^^^^^This.

They could easily throw in a 25-35% price increase and everyone would still find it way better than the gougers. Of course, then the gougers would just go up 50%, but at least it would make it that much more obvious.

Neckbeards. Meh.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Federal 550s are $4.00 higher at Wal Marts in rural Oklahoma because of less competition. They don't last on the shelf any longer. I don't think the small Wal Marts get as many shipments though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom