Your bottled water may not be hydrating you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simply put.water is a solvent,one of the best, any polar molecule will do solve in water and any ironically bonded compound will ionized in water. The PH scale is a measure of how many H+ or OH- are available from a given compound mixed with water.
Well, I've heard water called the "universal solvent," but this is the first time it's been described as a hipster.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I got some Aquafina water and wife said it tasted like cardboard.
I did some googling and stumbled upon this.
You really need to watch this.
I want to go test all my waters now.

His ph test was done incorrectly.
It’s a specific amount of water and a specific number of drops to determine ph.
Not some water in a cup and throw a drop or two in there.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that is for the purpose of allowing pea brains watching the video to get the gist of it.
There's a difference between simplifying a subject to reach a broader audience and just plain getting things wrong. As noted above, his pH testing was flawed, as was his testing of whatever it was he was testing with the meter, and that "small water" business was just plain nonsense. I don't know if his explanations got any better after that because that's where I punched out.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but based on what I watched of the video, I don't think his advice holds any water...

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we are on the subject of water, how many of you get the 5-gallon jugs at the supermarket from the machine by the checkout?

Stop wasting your money!
That big machine has a filter about the same size as the one you put on your kitchen sink. Just filtering the water that comes into the store. The same water that comes out of the sink in the bathrooms.
My wife is super picky/sensitive to taste and only really likes the water that comes out of our Zero Water pitcher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom