Your bottled water may not be hydrating you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is not selling anything.
Yea he talks about " Small Water" But I think that is for the purpose of allowing pea brains watching the video to get the gist of it.

No pea brains here of course but talk like that does turn people off sometimes

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drink my well water. I learned years ago that pure water is not beneficial to metals as well as you guys have posted, humans.
Back when working at a manufacturing facility in the 80's, we built three cone rock bits for the oil and gas industry. After the three legs and cones went through the machining process, and assembling process, they had to be welded together. That was done with an electron beam welder. That machine did a 100% penetration weld in a full vacuum chamber with a 1/16th inch weld kerf that was hard to see.
After that welding, the bit has to be threaded but it's too hard so it had to go to an induction annealer that is just like the induction stoves anyone can buy today but much more powerful to soften the metal.
It was powerful enough that it used hocky puck sized water cooled SCR's (silicon controlled rectifiers)to generate the DC from 480AC.
Manufacturer of the annealer said it had to be perfectly clean water, which we interpreted as distilled water. We bought a distiller, made water and put the unit in service. Ran great for awhile, but then started blowing 200 amp fuses that cost over $100 each. We noticed the water was turning green when changing it which fixed the fuse blowing issue for awhile.
What we found out was that the distilled water was so pure that it needed minerals, and was robbing them from the copper tubing that the water ran through in the cooling system of pumps and heat exchangers.
OK, the reason for this long-winded story is that this agrees with all the earlier statements about bottled water/RO water/ distilled water is not good for drinking for the most part. A little is not going to hurt anyone, but a constant diet is not good for the human body as it will as has been said, rob the minerals from the body the water thinks it needs. The water will extract what it wants from the body. I'm not a chemist that can explain in detail why water robs minerals from whatever host it is running through, but it does.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drink the Alkaline water from Sam's
I accidentally bought a bottle of alkaline water at a convenience store while I was on a trip (I was really just looking for a cold bottle of water with a flip top since I was driving). It was a brand I'd bought before, but I didn't realize that they had alkaline water and regular water in packages that could only be distinguished by the word "alkaline" on the label. I couldn't even get a quarter of it down.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Water is supposed to absorb minerals from your body and take them out of you in the form of urine.

If you aren't getting enough micro-nutrients from your diet (like if you're literally starving), then maybe that could be bad for you over a long period of time, but eating a decent diet will take care of that.

Aquafina IS bad, but only because it's just bottled tap water. (Like Dasani, and SmartWater, etc.)

Check labels until you find actual spring water and not just filtered tap water from some guys bathtub in Cleveland.
There are inexpensive brands that are decent quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom