Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Costco coming to Norman?

Costco is ok. They are very sililar to Sam's Club and I would say slightly better. They are HQ'd here and people like working for them. They are known to play hardball with small vendors, forcing them to absorb the cost of production for enormous orders for all their warehouses, then demanding they eat the stock if it doesn't move. That can be lethal to a little guy.

CostCo recently pushed thru a ballot initiative here in Washington that opened up the sale of spirits in non-state-run stores. The state was opposed to giving up its monopoly but were bought off by the inclusion of an additional tax to offset their loss of revenue. This additional tax is not printed on the price tag, giving the appearance of a real bargain on licquor. It just shows up at the register where it is obscured by the myriad of other items people usually are buying on a CostCo run.

More relevant to this board, Costco has a strict "no firearms" policy, open or concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by ratski View Post
    I've heard this before.

My understanding, with no real basis in direct knowledge, is that Costco won't come to Oklahoma because they can't sell wine in the stores and that is a big profit center for them.

Dave
    I've heard this same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AKguy1985 View Post
    I've heard this same thing.
    That didn't stop them from operating in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerATC View Post
    This. They are putting a Crest in that area.
    Yup, and brand new wal mart neighborhod market across the interstate on rock creek. Lots of stuff going up in the area. 2 or 3 new stores next to Academy too.

I have not shopped at Wal Mart in years, but might use the neighborhood market....nah...Crest will be a mile further thank goodness!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerATC View Post
    This. They are putting a Crest in that area.
    Yea Crest is the name I have been hearing since the year began, this is my first time hearing Costco. I dont think it would be the proper demographic for Costco any way.

With that said, Norman will have LOADS of grocery stores with the Sam's Club, West-side Walmart, East-side Walmart, Super Target, four Homeland's (one on Robinson, Lindsey, Main, and 12th/Alameda), Sprouts, Buy for Less and this new store being built.
    I received word today that a friend of mine, Connor, passed away to what I believe was a heart attack. We were just laughing and joking together yesterday in class and only a few hours later Connor passed away. Life is short so cherish every second. May you forever rest in the presence of The Lord, Connor "Bubba" Hamilton. 2/18/14

Feedback

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong."

Praise the Lord, pass the ammo, and stay out of my way.

Stuck between 2 turds in the bowel of a constipated dragon

I heard it was going to be a Rijas outlet store.
    "All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." Old Fart.
    Want to have a good time? Take a kid plinking.
    **Old Farts Feedback**
    NRA Life/Endowment/Patron member
    Second Amendment Foundation, Life Member

Feo, Fuerte y Formal

Quote Originally Posted by LightningCrash View Post
    In the sewer systems they stick to grease and form Fatbergs in the sewer, which are difficult to remove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Dingle berries won't make a pie so why keep them?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    No Old Fart, we love you very much.

We really need to change the liquor laws here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustingaunder View Post
    SoonerDVM is not a he/she. That's pretty rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Brown View Post
    For all the libertarian talk around here, we sure have some folks who know what's best for everyone else..........
    Quote Originally Posted by ez bake View Post
    Sorry - I hate that I was just uncivil towards that particular strawman and I apologize to strawmen everywhere. I know how many folks here hold them in such high regard.

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

More relevant to this board, Costco has a strict "no firearms" policy, open or concealed.
    but, but, but, . . . concealed is concealed is the consensus on this board, Of course the open carry crowd would get their noses bent out of shape over it.

Personally if they leave me a viable option i.e. forget to post an entrance I'll carry concealed regardless of the "policy". At least one anchor store at woodland hills does not have gunbuster signs, nor are they posted at the passage from that store into the mall proper.

Several doors and the IMAX are not posted at the Tulsa Cinemark...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDVM View Post
    We really need to change the liquor laws here.
    Good luck the entire liquor retail, and wholesale distribution network in OK oppose such changes.
    *disclaimer Just because bettingpython says it's probably okay doesn't mean it is so. His opinons and statements are not a defense against prosecution.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken
    My Feedback Thread

Costco has a distribution center is OKC and have great prices and quick delivery on their website for OK delivery.

I am disgruntled with Sam's even though I like them better than an actual Costco B&M. Sam's sells items on their website cheaper than you can buy in the store. However, you can not ship the lower priced items to a zip code near a B&M. That policy sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by SlugSlinger View Post
    Costco has a distribution center is OKC and have great prices and quick delivery on their website for OK delivery.
    Can't buy that 24pk of Sierra Nevada for $24 online though.
    In the Onion news: Jurisprudence fetishist gets off on technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengiant View Post
    to the liberals we are to stupid for all thought

Quote Originally Posted by old fart View Post
    i heard it was going to be a rijas outlet store.
    awesome!!

We need Costco, Ikea, Fry's, Microcenter, Cabelas, etc.

I really wish we had all of them

Costco, maybe. Ikea, not so much. Fry's, hell yeah! Microcenter, never heard of it. Cabela's, definitely. A Gander Mountain could be cool too.
    "I don't carry a knife because God invented silencers for a reason. Also, I'm not in a dancing gang who goes to "rumbles"." ~ Sterling Archer

"Shooting a gun is like being intimate with a woman. First, you inspect it to make sure it's clean. Then you grab it on the butt and jam the magazine in. If it doesn't fit, make it." ~ Stan Smith

97.3% Positive

Quote Originally Posted by BadgeBunny View Post
    Really?!?! This rumor got started here a couple years back IIRC and got my hopes up only to have them dashed in the end.

I really, really, really want a Costco here in Oklahoma ... Let us all light a candle ... Maybe that will help the life forces get it done this time!
    Id dance naked around a bonfire if it could get costco here! I <3 Costco!

Quote Originally Posted by Hump66 View Post
    Costco, maybe. Ikea, not so much. Fry's, hell yeah! Microcenter, never heard of it. Cabela's, definitely. A Gander Mountain could be cool too.
    Microcenter is like Fry's, lots of good deals on computer gear to be had.