2016 Rio Olympics thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
check behind you, you missed the point.

I never claimed anyone gave up anything. I'm pointing out that the specific olympian he mentioned had, in fact, done exactly what he was saying was causing him to puke when done by others.

Here is what he said,

Well I wouldn't know because I haven't seen an interview aired. If they did I'll take it back and shut up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't know because I haven't seen an interview aired. If they did I'll take it back and shut up.

I don't believe it got political, but they aired this both the first day (when i saw it) and then in at least one replay that evening (which i skipped since i had already seen it).

I don't know if i can embed the video, but you can see it on the NBC link below.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ginny-thrasher-talks-winning-rio-games-1st-gold-medal

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe it got political, but they aired this both the first day (when i saw it) and then in at least one replay that evening (which i skipped since i had already seen it).

I don't know if i can embed the video, but you can see it on the NBC link below.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/ginny-thrasher-talks-winning-rio-games-1st-gold-medal

Well I was talking about Kim Rhode, but that was a good interview with Ginny Thrasher. Good for them. But I just went to the shooting page and it gives an error basically on everything Kim Rhode. :(

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In comparison to live prime time coverage? Yes...

Most of the olympic events do not take place in prime time. So far, most of the shooting events have been around 1PM. Should the International Olympic Committee alter the schedule so that shooting events take place during prime time or during a slot where networks do not have other obligations? While the Women's Skeet Final did not air on network television, it was able to be viewed on a live stream.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the olympic events do not take place in prime time. So far, most of the shooting events have been around 1PM. Should the International Olympic Committee alter the schedule so that shooting events take place during prime time or during a slot where networks do not have other obligations? While the Women's Skeet Final did not air on network television, it was able to be viewed on a live stream.

I doubt that women's fencing was aired either, but Ibtihaj Muhammad's interview certainly was.

So why are you so diligent in defending NBC's coverage Veggie? Do you honestly think they are "unpolitical" and unbiased? They've done a bangup job on the usual touchy-feely stories on a crapload of athletes, including promotion of muslim participant's stories at the expense of all the others that they can on both the website articles and their TV coverage. Go to the NBC olympic site and read a bunch of their articles. Their commentary during the events is rife with "liberalness" as usual. I can't believe any reasonable person could possibly deduce otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that ABC or CBS would be doing it too if they were covering the games. IOC is just a liberal panacea of PC man, I mean look at where they put the games this year! NBC is just pulling their weight in the process. I guess they are the "clickbait" at the other end of the scale? lol

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt that women's fencing was aired either, but Ibtihaj Muhammad's interview certainly was.

So why are you so diligent in defending NBC's coverage Veggie? Do you honestly think they are "unpolitical" and unbiased? They've done a bangup job on the usual touchy-feely stories on a crapload of athletes, including promotion of muslim participant's stories at the expense of all the others that they can on both the website articles and their TV coverage. Go to the NBC olympic site and read a bunch of their articles. Their commentary during the events is rife with "liberalness" as usual. I can't believe any reasonable person could possibly deduce otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that ABC or CBS would be doing it too if they were covering the games. IOC is just a liberal panacea of PC man, I mean look at where they put the games this year! NBC is just pulling their weight in the process. I guess they are the "clickbait" at the other end of the scale? lol

NBC's job is to get the maximum amount of viewers across the networks they have to get the best ratings to sell the most ad slots for the highest possible price. They have a limited number of national networks to broadcast events, but all events can be watched via their streaming applications. The events that make it to the networks are the events that will have the most viewership.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NBC's job is to get the maximum amount of viewers across the networks they have to get the best ratings to sell the most ad slots for the highest possible price. They have a limited number of national networks to broadcast events, but all events can be watched via their streaming applications. The events that make it to the networks are the events that will have the most viewership.

True. From what I can tell they did air a little of the shooting but I can't see if they aired fencing or not, but I'm thinking not. I gotta be honest, shooting is fun, but watching shooting is boring. Fencing is even more boring. But my point was that they showed a competitor from an event that I don't think they even aired and they did it to promote an agenda of political correctness. I can't help but think they'd have an even larger audience if they left the agenda to the politicians and just covered the games. My Facebook feed and this thread tells me I'm not alone in my thinking. Got to go get some sleep, have a good one...

Latest posts

Top Bottom