2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m going to catch hell for this but I believe if a guy works 60 to 80 hours a week 6 sometimes 7 days a week and doesn’t have money or time to put into scouting like others do because they are trying to pay bills and support their family and they get that opportunity to shoot a small buck on one of the only few days they have off work then good for them if that’s what they want or need. Not everyone has access to private land and even if they do they may only see a few deer all season. I’m all about holding out for a mature buck and usually do but I’m not going to give someone a hard time if they choose to shoot what they want and in reality that 6 pointer will be more tender than the 180 pounder I hate it because I have great friends that won’t agree with me but that’s the way I feel about it sorry guys

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried again this morning for a couple of hours before the rain started coming down pretty good. Still saw quite a bit of activity for a short hunt in rainy weather. My target buck popped out for a few minutes about 50 yards from me, but he decided to head back into the woods. I had a six point stop about 20 yards from me, and I could have reached out and slapped a spike. Overall, it was an enjoyable morning.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried again this morning for a couple of hours before the rain started coming down pretty good. Still saw quite a bit of activity for a short hunt in rainy weather. My target buck popped out for a few minutes about 50 yards from me, but he decided to head back into the woods. I had a six point stop about 20 yards from me, and I could have reached out and slapped a spike. Overall, it was an enjoyable morning.
Are you rifle hunting or still bowhunting?

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you rifle hunting or still bowhunting?
I’m still bow hunting, but I’m going to break out the rifle this week sometime. I wanted to get this buck with my bow, and I thought that I could get it done. It is/was a personal goal with the bow, but I’m rethinking it now. I have my lifetime license so there really isn’t a good reason for not using my rifle other than I’m stubborn.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got up at 3:30am, looked at the radar, put in forward motion, saw a moderate rain to arrive at daylight, so went back to bed. Nothing was moving at daylight on three cams. Only one buck which was the one I passed on yesterday on cam.

IMG_2348.jpeg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I got up at 3:30am, looked at the radar, put in forward motion, saw a moderate rain to arrive at daylight, so went back to bed. Nothing was moving at daylight on three cams. Only one buck which was the one I passed on yesterday on cam.

View attachment 430367
I didn't go battle the mud either. All my cams have been very active all day, complete opposite of yesterday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom