2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do that on purpose? Often? Doesn’t sound like very good neighbors.
my neighbor at my new lease does!! he is the only house on the dead end road!! neosho river is beyond the dead end. my lease is on the other side of the road and whenever he sees im there. which i don't get a lot of time anyway. out come the dirt bikes,4 wheelers etc ripping up and down the road . almost passed this year but it took 8 years to find a lease i thought i could afford to keep. this is my 3rd year we'll see what happens!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was feeling industrious today and moved/set up a tripod that blew over a couple years ago, and while I have the tractor up here, I replaced the floor in my last Blynd box stand. If I’m lying I’m dying, there was at least 100 lbs of dirt dauber nests in the stand, and what I took a picture of was a fraction of what I got out of it. I doubt it will happen, but I sure hope this new floor makes it 19 years like the old original one.
OL2U5H7.jpg

YvFGMDB.jpg

FLm0STK.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, my son’s week is winding down, and he’s desperate to kill anything at this point. The buck he wants has gone MIA. Last night, he broke my long standing rule about not shooting a doe in the evening and flung an arrow at one, and instead of waiting, he jumped her after she bedded. We ended up crawling through some of the thickest nastiest stuff on my place for about 4 hours and didn’t find her. It was Easton’s first track, and he did really well but was set up for failure from the start.
I knew hunting was going to be tough this week and tried to talk him into waiting until later in the season, but he was determined to come. :anyone:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, my son’s week is winding down, and he’s desperate to kill anything at this point. The buck he wants has gone MIA. Last night, he broke my long standing rule about not shooting a doe in the evening and flung an arrow at one, and instead of waiting, he jumped her after she bedded. We ended up crawling through some of the thickest nastiest stuff on my place for about 4 hours and didn’t find her. It was Easton’s first track, and he did really well but was set up for failure from the start.
I knew hunting was going to be tough this week and tried to talk him into waiting until later in the season, but he was determined to come. :anyone:
Man that’s a tuff start, but I’m betting he learned a couple of things: wait to start the recovery (if possible), listen to dad more often.

I bet he’ll be wanting another try pretty quick.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We could use some rain on the dirt road to my lease in Logan county. However too much rain on that road makes it pretty slick.
Yeah these are just about next to impossible to stay on the road despite sinking and then dries on your vehicle in about 20 min and costs about $30 at the car wash later lol.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went back this morning to try again and still didn’t find her, but I figured it was going to be tough after the rain last night. We had 8/10 at the house.
The north wind is better for the stand on the south bank of the river, so I guess I’m going this evening. I have a couple bucks on camera there that I would like to put my eyes on, but I’m pretty sure they’re safe for this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom