2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned before that I’ve always tried to set my kids up for success in hunting, and I had an text interaction this afternoon with my daughter that pretty well confirms I’ve ruined her as a real “hunter”.
I asked her about coming up next weekend to hunt with me, and I sent pictures of the two “shooter” bucks. She asked how consistently they’re coming in. I told her that they had been MIA for several days during the warm weather, but I think with the cooler weather they’ll get consistent again. She told me to let her know how movement is this week, and she’ll decide if she wants to hunt. Basically, if I can guarantee her a shot, she’ll get in the stand, but if not, she’ll stay in Norman.🤣
You’re the same way aren’t ya? Lol
Where she get it from 😂😂

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done it before also but for those not hunting in a box blind (preferably heated) this morning and are sitting in a tree stand I don't envy you.....38° with a 15mph north wind which puts the windchill at 29°.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/html/windchillbody_txt.html
Good luck and hang in there as long as you can.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've done it before also but for those not hunting in a box blind (preferably heated) this morning and are sitting in a tree stand I don't envy you.....38° with a 15mph north wind which puts the windchill at 29°.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/html/windchillbody_txt.html
Good luck and hang in there as long as you can.
Told my son that I’d be up and to text me if he decided to go. Um, yeah, never got that text 😂

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Duck hunted back in 2021 and it was really cold and windy one morning and I had so many clothes on I couldn't shoulder my 12 ga. fast and correctly and ended up with a big multi colored bruise on my bicep dam near as big as a softball.....still had a great time tho. :D

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned before that I’ve always tried to set my kids up for success in hunting, and I had an text interaction this afternoon with my daughter that pretty well confirms I’ve ruined her as a real “hunter”.
I asked her about coming up next weekend to hunt with me, and I sent pictures of the two “shooter” bucks. She asked how consistently they’re coming in. I told her that they had been MIA for several days during the warm weather, but I think with the cooler weather they’ll get consistent again. She told me to let her know how movement is this week, and she’ll decide if she wants to hunt. Basically, if I can guarantee her a shot, she’ll get in the stand, but if not, she’ll stay in Norman.🤣
I can relate, that's pretty much word for word the same texts I've been a part of for the last three years lol. Same for ducks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom