2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am so thoroughly depressed and disgusted losing my target buck that I am contemplating not even hunting. There are no other bucks on my place that I want to take. My daughters will be here Sunday and there are a few bucks they would be happy to get, so I also don’t want to mess up their hunting.

If anything, I might go hunt my neighbor’s place. He told me I could hunt there but I haven’t done much scouting and have no cameras, so it is possible I could cross paths with a shooter buck I have no knowledge of. I will either do that or go sit silently on a high spot and watch for crows and buzzards.
There's absolutely no telling what could show up right now, possibly even bigger and better than your target buck. Honestly I've never had a chance at a target buck after the first week of November. Pretty sure every buck that's on my wall that I've killed with a rifle, I didn't see the buck until right when I shot it, or the night before scouting. Any target buck that I've killed was done with a bow or ML early in the year.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Lots of deer and chasing all morning, no shooters yet.

Screenshot_20231118_095747_Gallery.jpg
20231118_085434.jpg
20231118_084453.jpg
20231118_080511.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to sit for only 15 min this morning and got this cull buck that had the same screwy antler and one side broken last year. Glad I got him out of the gene pool and heading to be jerky
100yds 120gr Nosler Ballistic tìp 20" 6.5 Grendel AR
View attachment 430067
Congrats on the buck!
Zero here this morning. Lots of activity but nothing big enough to shoot.
I was working on a chair arm that’s loose and forgot to look up for a bit. When I did, the giant 6 pointer we want out of the herd was just walking back into the trees.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the buck!
Zero here this morning. Lots of activity but nothing big enough to shoot.
I was working on a chair arm that’s loose and forgot to look up for a bit. When I did, the giant 6 pointer we want out of the herd was just walking back into the trees.
Tell the truth. You were either asleep or focused on making more coffee.🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom