7.5 inch AR Upper question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftcobblake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone had a problem with these? I'd like to build a shorter AR but didnt know how this upper would be. I have a 11 inch Bushmaster that is issued and it functions fine but would like to know about the 7.5. thanks

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own one, but the only negatives I've heard are you obviously are going to lose a fair amount of power with such a short barrel and that they are incredibly loud.

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I'm not an AR person (yet), what exactly is the tactical or strategic advantage of such a short AR? I can understand 14.5" or even 11" for CQB scenarios or guns that are normally stored in vehicles, but I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would need/want to go any shorter than that other than just because they can.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easier manuevering in close quarters and putting a can on it and it still being compact are two that jump to mind. And people do things all the time just because they can. Have you not seen 24" rims on a luxury car? It's sure not to improve ride comfort.

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easier manuevering in close quarters and putting a can on it and it still being compact are two that jump to mind. And people do things all the time just because they can. Have you not seen 24" rims on a luxury car? It's sure not to improve ride comfort.

That just seems absurd to me though. At that point, why not just go with an MP5, particularly when you're talking about running a can? This makes more sense to me seeing as both will be sub sonic anyway and the 9mm will carry more energy due to it's heavier bullet.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I leave the house, a day doesn't go by that I don't see people doing absurd things. (And often even when I don't leave the house)

To the OP: Sorry for getting off topic.

To the pic posters: I'm jealous. I think they look f'n cool even if absurd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom