A thread about nothing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cznick said:
Friday night we went to Brill Speedway in Meeker. It was fun ,but about 60 miles from our house. Lawton is even further. I really miss dirt track racing in OKC since those a-holes torn down the speedway. There is I-44 Speedway for racing but I like the 3/8 or 1/2 mile ovals.

We loved the city. We won a championship in 2004 there, rookie of the in two classes. We raced over 200 nights there. Brills, not a big fan. But it's the closest to our shop. We will be back out next Friday and see if we can make our modified work. It's been a nightmare.

View attachment 21786

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to race at the Meeker track about 20-25 years ago. Back then it was called County Line Speedway.

It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I recommend it to anyone, if you are thinking about trying it. Major adrenaline rush!

I raced there for a few years, and then tried out the OKC track.

I liked racing a lot, but got out of it because it was getting to be more demolition derby than racing.

It got old working every spare minute on your car for a week just to have some goobers try their best to tear it up.

It still took me about five years before I quit going to the track every Saturday night.

I still run into someone now and then who asks me if I am still racing.

Lots of good times and memories.

Latest posts

Top Bottom