Another suicide at Tulsa Firearms?? WTF??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to be insensitive. But, I was suddenly struck with an interesting thought. Just wondering if Tulsa Firearms will now start charging the Rental Fees prior to the Rental Party Shooting?

Is it wrong that I laughed?

On a more somber note; it's just sad whenever someone, anyone, is that bad off that the only way out is to kill yourself. But I really hate it when somebody does the "suicide by cop" thing.

What does suicide by cop have to do with any of this?

john.beck49

Marksman
Reaction score
I had heard after the last suicide that TF was enacting a new policy so only paid members could rent guns. Maybe they should have enacted that policy. Thank God the guy hadn't heard of 2A being open. One positive thing that I got from this story was that he waited until the range was empty. Maybe that will earn him a glimpse.. :-(

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People are nothing if not ignorant, I don't know how many people I have seen pickup firearms at say Academy or Bass Pro and "look them over" by staring down the barrel, I understand people "think" it's not loaded but how do you know? The only way I'm looking down the barrel of a firearm is if the barrel is removed from the action.

I dont really agree. I have numerous times when buying a gun inspected the barrel and rifling by looking down it. That being said, I drop the magazine, and the action is open while I do this.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont really agree. I have numerous times when buying a gun inspected the barrel and rifling by looking down it. That being said, I drop the magazine, and the action is open while I do this.

Indeed. Sometimes with a used firearm, especially a wartime milsurp, the only way to inspect the bore is from the muzzle end with a light shining from the breech end. I see this all the time with M1 Garands and Carbines, and I do the same myself. Of course, after double-checking to make sure the firearm is indeed unloaded.

kitkat13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The victim did get a membership. Tulsa Firearms will only allow you to rent a gun if you have a membership or are the guest of someone who has a membership. My boyfriend and I were the only ones in the shooting range with the victim and I was in the booth right next to him. He waited to shoot himself until we had walked out of the range. We came back in after getting more ammo and renting me a different gun to find him laying on the ground. TF offered our membership on the house but I am not sure I want to return. The place gave me a weird feeling the first time we visited which was last Saturday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom