Another suicide at Tulsa Firearms?? WTF??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may be harsh and I don't give a rat's ass about the underlying circumstances. People like that almosts ALWAYS end up on the taxpayers teat in some form or fashion and I'm tired of paying the way for other people. As long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process and they are able to finish the job, more power to them.

You're one tough hombre, Mr. Eastwood.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I have read, the affect on the family and friends of someone who commits suicide has a horrible affect on the rest of the family. As a few others have said, these people either need to ask for more help or at least do the deed where no one else is watching or immediately involved. Selfish, and spineless act to say the least.

Agree 100%

kitkat13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently I decided I wanted a gun for self defense. Since being let go from my job last Friday I thought it would be nice for my boyfriend and I to get handguns since I'll have more free time. We were renting guns that day to find one I'd like and he had just bought a Desert Eagle 44 mag from Sooner Guns. In all his 22 years I think that was one of the most exciting moments of his life and the victim took that away from him less than an hour later. Tulsa Firearms gave us a free membership and he said he wants to go back on his next weekend off in two weeks which I was honestly surprised to hear. I don't want him to think of the suicide everytime he shoots his Desert Eagle and was worried that going back to that range would bring the image back. We didn't know about the 2A range and I am extremely happy to know it exists!! He is calling 2A right now =)

0311 USMC

Yes it does suck for anyone to have to deal with the aftermath of any death, but I personnaly have shot at Tulsa Firearms and i dont see how they can be held accountable for what this guy decided to do! according to TPD this guy was a complete scum bag, convicted felon for 1st degree armed robbery in Washington, wanted for Rape of his 14 yr old daughter and out on a 500K bond! I am amazed that he was only suicidal. there is no way to tell what the state of mind someone is when somebody walks into a store! according to TPD this guy left a note stating "I chose Tulsa Firearms because they were the closest!" so this could have happened at any one of the ranges in the area. I feel for all the guys that work there and have to deal with the aftermath of such a selfish act.

kitkat13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it does suck for anyone to have to deal with the aftermath of any death, but I personnaly have shot at Tulsa Firearms and i dont see how they can be held accountable for what this guy decided to do! according to TPD this guy was a complete scum bag, convicted felon for 1st degree armed robbery in Washington, wanted for Rape of his 14 yr old daughter and out on a 500K bond! I am amazed that he was only suicidal. there is no way to tell what the state of mind someone is when somebody walks into a store! according to TPD this guy left a note stating "I chose Tulsa Firearms because they were the closest!" so this could have happened at any one of the ranges in the area. I feel for all the guys that work there and have to deal with the aftermath of such a selfish act.

Where did you get the information that he was a felon, left a note, etc.? Someone posted on the Tulsa World's online article that the guy was out on bond for raping his daughter and that he left a note saying "so sorry". Just curious as I have not read or heard this anywhere reputable.

We have plans to go to Tulsa this Friday and I think my boyfriend is set on checking out 2A Shooting Center.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Kitkat13, as others have already suggested, don't wait to go talk to a professional if you or boyfriend need to. I've been a EMT/Firefighter for several years and have seen many unpleasant violent death scenes and I can still remember the first one like it was yesterday. Perfectly natural to go thru several phases of shock, grief, blank stares into no where, and it will seem that every little thing will remind you of the incident. It does get better with time. It helps some to talk about it and others need things to constantly distract them from it. Go to a local police or fire station and ask for the name of a Critical Incident Therapist, they specialize in this kinda of thing for EMS/Fire/Police and witnesses to a scene such as this. Hope all goes well for you both.

Bravo 3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
NCIC and TPD,they ran him through while they were there.You can go to been verified.com and run his name Tony Perches and see the armed robbery in Washington state.TPD gave Tulsa Firearms a copy of the note they found on him.

Where did you get the information that he was a felon, left a note, etc.? Someone posted on the Tulsa World's online article that the guy was out on bond for raping his daughter and that he left a note saying "so sorry". Just curious as I have not read or heard this anywhere reputable.

We have plans to go to Tulsa this Friday and I think my boyfriend is set on checking out 2A Shooting Center.

kitkat13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bravo.

My boyfriend and I saw a Licensed Professional Counselor today. He was very open and honest with the counselor and able to sort through and understand what he has been feeling. The counselor has a membership at Tulsa Firearms and shoots regularly so it was nice that we could talk about guns. We both felt much better after the appointment and are scheduled to go back next Wednesday.

We checked out 2A after counseling and were there for almost three hours. We plan on getting a membership and going at least 2-4 times a month. Despite the negative event, I'm glad I found this site (due to googling the incident) and heard about 2A. I am going to get the Walther PK 380 for my first handgun this coming week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom