Armslist people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green_machine2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
lowballers are everywhere. fact of life. I've seen gun shop customers beg for a price below what the gun shop can get it for. I would like to see someone try that with Walmart and see how fast security shows up. lol

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When buying: if its a good deal and i can afford it i pay asking price. Maybe I could save couple bucks and spend all day emailing and wasting time but if its a good deal anyway we both win. If i cant afford it i offer what i am willing or can afford. If the answer is no then cool.

When selling: I offer for as low as possible for what I need or am using money for. But rarely negotiate. Though i dont get offended. Rather than starting high and wasting all day wasting time responding for a couple of bucks.

I just feel a quick honest deal is more of a blessing for both involved than trying to scheme each other and waste a ton of time for $20

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I only get offended when someone tells me that I'm asking too much because soandso over here only wants this much so I should honor that persons price.

Example. I was selling a phone on craigslist I was asking 325, somebody else posted a beat to crap phone of the same model for 200. There was a huge difference between my new in box phone and their obviously used phone. The person calls me and says that they can get the phone elsewhere for 200 so they would give me 200. So I told them to call that person.

Maybe I just take offense too easily but it seems rude to ask someone to drop the price such a large amount. Of course the person said it with a terrible attitude like I was trying to rip them off and that may have something to do with it.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I sell items, I tend to overprice -this gives me some room to haggle. Many people often aren't as prone to purchase if they can't talk you down just a little bit. I'm one of those people. I do lowball, and I do expect people to send me ridiculously low offers as well. I'm OK with that, often it will open up a dialogue where a deal can be made.

I do get a kick out of the people who try to force their offers on me as if they're doing me a favor.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's not just Armslist.

I had a Spartan listed here for $525-550 (can't remember) including I believe 2 extra CMC 8 rounders. Gun was in excellent condition and I stated in my ad that the price was firm. I got an offer for I kid you not $250, I wasn't rude, just stated that the price was firm at whatever I set it at.

This makes me think though, does this occasionally work? Has anyone offered less than half of asking on a item already discounted 15-20% from new and actually gotten said item?

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an old work van that I had listed for sale. First call the guy offered 1/2 of what I was asking, and the asking price was well below blue book. I just hung up without responding. He called back within a second and said we got disconnected and he didnt hear my response. I told him that we were disconnected by me hanging up on his DA low offer. He laughed and said, "well, I guess I deserved it".

I told him to bring the cash that I was asking for it, and he could drive it and would not be disappointed. He showed up, drove it and paid me my asking price and is still using in his htg/air business. That was 6 yrs. ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom