Attention Plumbers help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
then I read this
Please Note: This item does NOT comply with the The Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act (42 USC 300G) and can only be used in non-potable water applications after January 14th 2014.

Thats not kool. I'm watering livestock with this and may want to get a drink myself.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
then I read this
Please Note: This item does NOT comply with the The Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water Act (42 USC 300G) and can only be used in non-potable water applications after January 14th 2014.

Thats not kool. I'm watering livestock with this and may want to get a drink myself.

Hell, I drink straight out of ours sometime...LoL...

I'd imagine the one you've been using for years wouldn't pass either...

From the EPA Lead In Drinking Water website
The most common problem is with brass or chrome-plated brass faucets and fixtures which can leach significant amounts of lead into the water, especially hot water.

I dont see this ever being a problem, but who knows.....Look at all the stuff that California says causes cancer...

I wonder if you'll find any yard hydrants that would actually pass the requirements....They'd probably be plastic and not last....Then there'd be a BPA warning...lol

Litlle more info on it...

http://www.waterworld.com/articles/...ndustry-plans-transition-lead-free-rules.html

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got mine locally through my buddy that drills wells. That's the only kind they recommend....

Mine are 2' bury, the link I added in my first response has up to a 8' bury....

JonnyRocco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a new frostless faucet that would just barely flow. I took the old cast iron handle off of the old one and switched it out. Problem solved. The new made in china handle had a pivot hole closer to the center. The old one had a pivot hole as close to the outside of the circle as possible. A little change there made a lot of difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom