Beans in chili, where do you stand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beans in chili, yes or no?

• Yes, mmm... tasty!

Votes: 126 64.3%
  • No, yucky!

Votes: 51 26.0%
  • Don't care, I only eat bacon.

Votes: 9 4.6%

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Either way it isBush's fault.

Votes: 19 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you young down-state whipper-snappers don't know SQUAT about chili.

ALWAYS have beans. My mom and my wife used to cook the beans overnight and then add them to the chili. Usually, it was Pinto beans. As I got older and didn't require so much work from my wife (I can't cook), I decided to settle for Ranch Style beans instead of the overnight cooked beans.

Being from the Panhandle, where the REAL Okies come from, I speak with ALL the authority on chili. So, if you try to call me a Yankee because I want beans in my chili, then it's WAR!!!!!

Oh, by the way, beans and cornbread is good as well. Love it.

Oh, and there are bean sandwiches. Anyone ever tried that one?

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom always served chilli meat in a big pot and beans in another. You could add as many beans as you liked. Brooks Chilli Hot Brown Beans were all she used.
My choice was mostly meat with a few beans and still is.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom always served chilli meat in a big pot and beans in another. You could add as many beans as you liked.

When my dad cooked the chili this is what he did.

My wifes mom always makes a small pot of spaghetti for those that want it '3 way'. I had never heard of that in my life except for a dish they used to serve at Dennys years ago called 'chili size' that was basically spaghetti with chili, beans, and cheese. My wife makes some spaghetti noodles when I make chili and Ive tried it and its ok, not my fave. Her kids like cheese grated on top of their chili. I only like shredded cheese and no beans if Im havin a frito pie, then its required.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chili with no beans is broke chili. Put a bowl of no bean chili in front of me & you're liable here something along the lines of "Well, you ALMOST made chili."

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you young down-state whipper-snappers don't know SQUAT about chili.

ALWAYS have beans. My mom and my wife used to cook the beans overnight and then add them to the chili. Usually, it was Pinto beans. As I got older and didn't require so much work from my wife (I can't cook), I decided to settle for Ranch Style beans instead of the overnight cooked beans.

Being from the Panhandle, where the REAL Okies come from, I speak with ALL the authority on chili. So, if you try to call me a Yankee because I want beans in my chili, then it's WAR!!!!!

Oh, by the way, beans and cornbread is good as well. Love it.

Oh, and there are bean sandwiches. Anyone ever tried that one?

I agree Terry. Gotta have beans. I have a good friend from Edmond who has been coming out to the panhandle every year for a pheasant hunt. My wife always makes a big pot of chili when he comes out. He got my twin daughters talked into putting mustard on their chili. You downstate okies are messed up. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom