best travel coffee cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black FBT Tumbler.JPG

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeti's are overrated. I have two of the 32oz Yeti's and they aren't any better than a bunch of the generic insulated cups we have. I use a 24 ounce Themos brand container with the flip top lid that I bought from Walmart for under 20 bucks, and I've drank out of it every day for the last 5 or 6 years. It fits in a standard cup holder and if I get a coke later in the day I just flip the safety strap on the top and throw it in the back floor board. It's never leaked a drop.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything I watched today showed Rtic is better.
Thats what I have and am very pleased with it. Paid $16 for it and intend to have it many years because its very durable like the Yeti I assume but a 1/3 of the price. Only think is the vent hole needed drilled out larger so coffee will flow more easily when I tip it to my mouth rather than gurgle out or sorta vapor lock.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once you go Contigo, you never go back.

www.gocontigo.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_small_image_175600d12b1ec0627fc3c90f2bbd9617bb.jpg

Gotta go with this for coffee. I had one of the first ones and the lid is nearly impossible to clean. When you do clean it, it will taste like soap for a week. The remedy to all of this is simply don't wash it. Mine rolled around on the floorboard of my truck many a time and never spilled a single drop and your morning coffee will still be warm in the afternoon. I hear the new ones have been redesigned for easier cleaning. When I get back to working on the road I'll buy another one.

For cold drinks I use an Ozark Trail (Yeti knock off) from WalMart. You can get them in 2packs for $19.99 at Sam's. I can't imagine paying more, these keep ice for 24+ hours indoors and ice will last most of the day locked up in my truck in the summertime.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no secret science to the Yeti's, Rtics, or the clones. Its just a sealed vacuum container like the old coffee thermoses. They have an open top and much easier to clean than a thermos jug. My buddy is selling Rtics for $15 now, and making a killing on facebook.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put 4 cups of coffee in a 20 oz. Yeti aroun 7:15 every morning and the coffee is good until about 11:00.
Thats not long? My 20 oz. Rtic keeps it pretty warm till well into the afternoon. Not "hot" but certainly warm enough to drink it without needing reheated.
I'm drinking it now with half a mug left and its very warm at 2:00 pm and I filled it at 8:00. Maybe it wont do as well in winter but I'm anxious to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom