Big dog suprise!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
both your posts say more about the owners than the breed. i bet even if it was a rot the news would have still shown a pic of a pitbull when they ran the story they always show a pit no matter what breed did it

Both of the major dog attacks I've seen with bad trauma have been rots on kids. I still don't like or trust pits, though, either.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are joking right? This is the same logic that says "Well, people die of bullet wounds, so guns must be bad! Ban all guns!"

In both cases, it's the owner, not the equipment. Pitbulls just happen to be the .50 BMG of the dog world.

Comparing dogs to guns is a fallacy. A certain amount of genetic tendency is inherent. Yes, some owners are able to restrain that via proper training. But some breeds are more likely to turn out this way. Not saying pits or rots should be outlawed, but please don't claim they are inherently as safe as an untended inanimate object. It's just closing your eyes to the truth... some breeds require more constant attention and intense training than others to restrain their inherent tendencies toward aggressive behavior. Is it the owner's responsibility? Yes. But some dogs just go nuts without any prompting or previous bad behavior. My parents had to put down one of their family pets because she began to get aggressive towards everyone, even them. And there certainly was no precedent for it, no mistreatment, no anything. She just progressively went nuts... some people do it, too.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad 99 % of this sorry breed of animal is also owned by a sorry bunch of deeders..

And 90% of all statistics are made up. That is just not true. While I won't argue that Pit Bulls, as a breed, have a horrible reputation, I know SEVERAL friends and family members that own pitbulls, which are far and away the nicest dogs you could know. Again, it is the owner, not the animal.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i better go chain down my AR it might run outside jump a 6 foot fence and chase the family into a home!! really?? BAN PITBULLS!!!!

Buy a chocolate lab, youll throw rocks at those worthless pitbulls!!

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes great sense, someone mistreats an animal, let's euthanize the entire breed. It is not a logical fallacy to compare this to guns, since there is no evidence that pit bulls have a genetic predisposition to attack people. They're just another type of terrier that is unfortunately the usual target for a certain type of abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom