'Boobies' bracelet fight could go to Supreme Court

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahammer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, I think you hit the nail on the head. People think they are "pushing the the envelope" when they say something off color. To hear them tell it, they are a combination of Rosa Parks and Chuck Yeager. Not a lot of grace in pop culture.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone with boobies (albeit somewhat smaller boobies than before, but still boobies just the same) I feel qualified to voice an opinion on this matter. I find these bracelets, the t-shirts, the bumper stickers and all the other attention getting devices as distasteful as I find truck balls.

Yes, you have boobies ... Yes, I know if you don't have boobies then you are the variety of human who is looking to get his hands on some boobies ...

I am so glad I don't have little kids now ... The things I would have to spend my time explaining to them ... :rolleyes2 Not to mention the over-sexualization of our kids ... sigh ... It's too early and I've not had enough coffee and ibuprofen in order to enable me to climb all the way up on my soapbox this morning. Count your blessings ... :P

The marketing of sick people and a disease through it's sexualisation... distasteful?, that's a start I guess. More overt sexualisation justified by sympathy/concern for a disease and people suffering from it... other side of the same coin.

As for those mornings when it's just tough to get on that soapbox/highhorse,

Helix_curved_stair_lift.jpg

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The marketing of sick people and a disease through it's sexualisation... distasteful?, that's a start I guess. More overt sexualisation justified by sympathy/concern for a disease and people suffering from it... other side of the same coin.

As for those mornings when it's just tough to get on that soapbox/highhorse,

Helix_curved_stair_lift.jpg

Those stairs look like they are in an expensive house.

Rhino55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks
Our parents were saying the same about us! The only difference is the "Birds and Bees" are taught in school now. If they don't learn it there, the internet is the next source. The TV should not be left out of this either. We Americans are way too conservative!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And his bracelets didn't say "I love Balls" either ... At least he had the decency to not put some slang for testicles on his bracelets and instead make them about what is really the issue ... Living a strong, active life no matter what problem life throws at you ... Ehhhh ... but what do I know ... I'm just a cranky old moderator ...

There's a lot of truth in this post.

The difference is that Armstrong, a famous/infamous personality had nut cancer and everybody knew what they were supporting. Breast cancer awareness is more of an anonymous thing. I really don't have a problem with adults or kids using the words boobs or boobies, in general use I don't think the words are any more sexual than pecker or dick. But then what do I know, I'm just a middle aged pervert that likes boobies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks
Our parents were saying the same about us! The only difference is the "Birds and Bees" are taught in school now. If they don't learn it there, the internet is the next source. The TV should not be left out of this either. We Americans are way too conservative!

The birds and the bees were taught at school 35 years ago too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom