Cannon safe keypad question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never thought of it like that at the time, was just glad to get it open without cutting or drilling. But you Sir are correct. As stated previously my intent was to change passcode to mine and see if I could open it. But my friend entered his and it clicked and opened. Don't know how or why???????
The only possibilities I can see are either both of your safes have the same factory default code or Cannon stopped keeping them in an internal storage mechanism and now keep them in the pad itself. Hopefully it was just a collision of default codes (which still ain't great), but if they're keeping it in the keypad, that's just making it trivial to access someone else's safe.

According to the second video posted earlier in this thread, Cannon used to do it properly, so hopefully it was just a code collision.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to change my keypad to a dial. I wasn't keen on the keypad when I bought it. That's probably been 20 years ago.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of July 5th I’ve been a locksmith for 30 years,,I’ve opened countless numbers of safes and 95% of them were due to digital locks malfunctioning, trust an expert and get rid of the digital locks and replace with dial combo locks !!
How many of those were S&G locks? I’m leaning towards replacing mine but when I bought it they were “rated” for 2 million cycles or something. It’s been awhile and I’m getting nervous. I’m not near that usage but you know, all electronics fail, it’s just a matter of when.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of those were S&G locks? I’m leaning towards replacing mine but when I bought it they were “rated” for 2 million cycles or something. It’s been awhile and I’m getting nervous. I’m not near that usage but you know, all electronics fail, it’s just a matter of when.
The majority of them were S&G’s but that’s the most common ones out there as well, I would trust LaGaurd before S&G digital BUT… S&G dials are my favorite !

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you charge?
Regular prices in Tulsa is 65.00 service call, 125.00 for lock and 65.00 to remove and replace if there’s no retro fitting required.
I do give OSA’ers a discount but not really wanting to go all the way to OKC unless I have 3-4 to do in a trip down and they can split mileage

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The majority of them were S&G’s but that’s the most common ones out there as well, I would trust LaGaurd before S&G digital BUT… S&G dials are my favorite !
I don't know but seems to me that for a locksmith to say such 'n such a lock is his favorite . . . wouldn't give me much confidence about that particular lock 🤔 ^^^ :laugh6:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom