Complain about your job here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work of a subsidiary of a large Oil and Natural Gas company. I recently got promoted to a supervisor position and normally work 80+ hours a week. I still get overtime so Im not complaining about that. Before the promotion I was a field only employee and was gone for 10 days and then home for 4 then gone again for 10. Now Im home every night and have to deal with the wife and kids. That's my only complaint. lol

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used the word niggardly yesterday, got a one week paid vacation. :smack:

nig·gard·ly
/ˈnigərdlē/
Adjective
Not generous; stingy: "the company was particularly niggardly with salaries"; "serving out the rations with a niggardly hand".
Adverb
In a stingy or meager manner.
Synonyms
adjective. stingy - miserly - mean - parsimonious - niggard - skimpy
adverb. meanly - scantily

While I applaud your attempt at using that obscure word as a way of showing/faking intelligence or encryption of information intended only for more intelligent receivers or purely for shock value, I do believe that was still a very hebetudinous decision.
;)

FWIW, I love my job. It has its challenges, frustrations and pressures, it also has rewards, flexibility, a liberal amount of freedom and variety. I can't imagine being stuck in a cubie or out in a warehouse doing the same stuff every stinkin day. God bless those of you who do!

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work at being a 100% disabled vet and retired. What I regret is the loss of physical ability to do almost any job. I started working at 14 years of age and was never out of a job until I had to retire with the disability. I'd cheerfully trade the benefits for a sound body again..

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They constantly bicker about hours, yet pile the work on and act like it is our fault. We constantly have delays in our work ability because clashes with security protocol and the bottom line saying we can't get new equipment.

Last week we had the one computer in the building that is cleared to have a program specific to a task that as fate would have it, is needed to setup and initialize the 90 sum new ATMs out company "won" bid on.... So that was a mess that we are still recovering from.

They hired me as part time and under the old boss he set me up to receive holiday pay and the like because I often was putting in much more than part time hours as needed.

The new boss cut it, and actually pulled me into her office, I was asked if I wanted part time or full, the catch was not stated but was obvious. If I took full they were going to pile my schedule with 5-6 days a week and continue to complain about overtime like they do for everyone else. I turned it down as I require at least 1.5 weekdays off during school.
So instead they pile on as many hours onto my days that I routinely end up with 35-38 hours a week on 3.5 days.

Half hour lunches that the require us to clock out and stop working, regardless of how much work we will still have to do before we can go home. It's not a job that we work with a known time to clock out, we have a full day list of things to do in a day and we have to complete it all before we can go.

On top of that we cannot finish up until at least an hour after the last truck gets in, so when they run late or break down, it keeps us even later.

Our coin truck that runs to okc regularly ruins tires and delays them 2-4 hours; and the stupid company keeps putting re-treads on the damn thing instead of sucking it up and buying new tires. And they wonder why it keeps happening.

They can't fire anyone shy of a sexual harassment suit or some other major risk, can't just weed out the crummy workers; it takes way too long to fill positions.

The management is a joke, and I am talking upper out of state management.

The whole company fights amongst itself combating security and efficiency.
It's a joke.

If it wasn't the best damn job I have had and the pay not about one of the better things I could get shy of wiping old persons bums at 3am on a weekend; i would quit.

But that said, I can't wait for the day when I pay off my truck, set on some cash in savings and am ready to quit and dedicate to being a full time student again.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They constantly bicker about hours, yet pile the work on and act like it is our fault. We constantly have delays in our work ability because clashes with security protocol and the bottom line saying we can't get new equipment.

Last week we had the one computer in the building that is cleared to have a program specific to a task that as fate would have it, is needed to setup and initialize the 90 sum new ATMs out company "won" bid on.... So that was a mess that we are still recovering from.

They hired me as part time and under the old boss he set me up to receive holiday pay and the like because I often was putting in much more than part time hours as needed.

The new boss cut it, and actually pulled me into her office, I was asked if I wanted part time or full, the catch was not stated but was obvious. If I took full they were going to pile my schedule with 5-6 days a week and continue to complain about overtime like they do for everyone else. I turned it down as I require at least 1.5 weekdays off during school.
So instead they pile on as many hours onto my days that I routinely end up with 35-38 hours a week on 3.5 days.

Half hour lunches that the require us to clock out and stop working, regardless of how much work we will still have to do before we can go home. It's not a job that we work with a known time to clock out, we have a full day list of things to do in a day and we have to complete it all before we can go.

On top of that we cannot finish up until at least an hour after the last truck gets in, so when they run late or break down, it keeps us even later.

Our coin truck that runs to okc regularly ruins tires and delays them 2-4 hours; and the stupid company keeps putting re-treads on the damn thing instead of sucking it up and buying new tires. And they wonder why it keeps happening.

They can't fire anyone shy of a sexual harassment suit or some other major risk, can't just weed out the crummy workers; it takes way too long to fill positions.

The management is a joke, and I am talking upper out of state management.

The whole company fights amongst itself combating security and efficiency.
It's a joke.

If it wasn't the best damn job I have had and the pay not about one of the better things I could get shy of wiping old persons bums at 3am on a weekend; i would quit.

But that said, I can't wait for the day when I pay off my truck, set on some cash in savings and am ready to quit and dedicate to being a full time student again.

damn

and I was gonna complain it's hot outside some days

Latest posts

Top Bottom