Controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nobody in Oklahoma has more points than I do for the elk draw, yet I still get drawn. I'll continue to put in although it's being made to be more difficult for aging hunters.

The points didn't start with the inception, so there's lots of folks with the same points as us, plus they reduced the number of traditional hunts by half. That's why we just keep on applying year after year lol. Everyone whose consistently applied for the last 28y and wanting the traditional hunt still has astronomical odds against them. Folks who've applied for the last 40y, same odds unfortunately. I've applied every year since 91' but still have one less point than I should for whatever reason.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The points didn't start with the inception, so there's lots of folks with the same points as us, plus they reduced the number of traditional hunts by half. That's why we just keep on applying year after year lol. Everyone whose consistently applied for the last 28y and wanting the traditional hunt still has astronomical odds against them. Folks who've applied for the last 40y, same odds unfortunately. I've applied every year since 91' but still have one less point than I should for whatever reason.
I have told this before but on my elk hunt in 2006, one guy drew a bull tag on his first time applying. We all wanted to beat the heck out of him based solely on jealousy.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have told this before but on my elk hunt in 2006, one guy drew a bull tag on his first time applying. We all wanted to beat the heck out of him based solely on jealousy.
Haha yeah that happens every year. I know almost as many guys that have been 2x as I do that have been once.

Latest posts

Top Bottom