Controlled hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve never applied for controlled hunts before, but being the vindictive person that I am, I’ll be applying for every damn one of them from now on just so the non resident haters will have another one to compete against for a spot.***insert middle finger emoji here***🤣
What. A. Dick.

Damn Texan. Lol

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha yeah that happens every year. I know almost as many guys that have been 2x as I do that have been once.
I know a guy thats been 3 times on the elk hunt. Got drawn and waited 10 years and got drawn again. Then when it changed to once in lifetime got drawn again. Another friend has been on the antelope twice. Ive been on both elk and antelope hunt and they should have been lifetime hunts from the start.
I thought it was a one and done on elk tags through the drawing process.
You used to be able to apply again after 10 year wait years ago.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve never applied for controlled hunts before, but being the vindictive person that I am, I’ll be applying for every damn one of them from now on just so the non resident haters will have another one to compete against for a spot.***insert middle finger emoji here***🤣

Got to buy a license first to apply 🤣🤣

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The points didn't start with the inception, so there's lots of folks with the same points as us, plus they reduced the number of traditional hunts by half. That's why we just keep on applying year after year lol. Everyone whose consistently applied for the last 28y and wanting the traditional hunt still has astronomical odds against them. Folks who've applied for the last 40y, same odds unfortunately. I've applied every year since 91' but still have one less point than I should for whatever reason.
I’ve been applying since inception with zero results. I know people that drew twice before it became a lifetime hunt.

IMG_2879.jpeg

It will most likely be 30 points after the draw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom