Crossbow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would highly suggest a wicked ridge warrior.. they are made by ten point. This is my 2nd season with it and you won't get more bang for your buck. Super reliable, a little older ten point technology. Excals are good bows, but are super wide and don't have an anti dry fire mechanism.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used a Horton for about 10 years until it got stolen. Bought a Excaliber and used it for a couple of years and didn't really care for it. It was too wide and awkward and was more difficult to cock(225 pound draw weight), especially if I was in a tree stand. I bought another Horton last year and it is one bad bow.

Scott

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would highly suggest a wicked ridge warrior.. they are made by ten point. This is my 2nd season with it and you won't get more bang for your buck. Super reliable, a little older ten point technology. Excals are good bows, but are super wide and don't have an anti dry fire mechanism.

I agree, maybe the best compound bow made for under $500.

Yes, compounds tend to be a little quiter because the draw weight is less. Recurves must have a higher draw weight to achieve higher speeds because the way they operate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom