Daughter's Incident and SDA Class for Women!? Help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tammy also gives private shooting skills and safety classes. my wife really liked her awarness class. i think a safety class is a pre requisite for her sda class

SigInBoots

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recommend Tammy Pinkston and Oklahoma Personal Defense as well. Her classes are very reasonably priced, exclusively for women (except for an occasional mixed SDA class), and cover everything from an introduction to handguns, to private lessons, live-fire classes for handguns and shotguns, to SDA classes (most are women-only), Defensive Awareness classes, and more. As noted above, her website is OklahomaPersonalDefense.com and if you click on the "Schedule" page you can see the classes that are upcoming. There is a women-only SDA class scheduled for April 6th, and I strongly encourage your daughter to take the Girls' Day Out class that is scheduled for March 16th as preparation for SDA. Tammy places a strong emphasis on safety and truly understands the concerns women have with carrying and personal safety. I've thoroughly enjoyed being her student and encourage your daughter to attend her classes, or just call and speak with her.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all replies and suggestions. I saw the classes scheduled and definitely wanted something as soon as I could get her in. I may try to get my wife and a few daughters class in some of those coming up.

Thanks to OSA member Stephen Cue and www.oksportshooting.com, she's taking a basic handgun class tomorrow in Tulsa. She's looking forward to it and her dad's even more excited!

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have her look into "A girl and a gun club". They meet every Thursday or every other Thursday at H&H, and it is $10 to shoot with ammo included I believe. It is run by Lisa Looper and Lori Bigley. I have become friends with Lori and her husband. The Bigley's have become friends of mine, and Lori teaches women's only CC classes in Norman.

If you have more questions let me know and I can get more info from Lori. She is also a NRA instructor and teaches pistol skill classes.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big kudos and appreciation to Stephen and all the guys at Oklahoma Sport Shooting!
My daughter took her class today and absolutely loved it! She learned a lot and was so impressed with their professionalism and expertise! More to come!

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H and H gives "Ladies only" only classes every once in a while...check their schedule on their site or call'm. My wife and a friend of hers took theirs there a few months ago and had a really good experience. They really liked it.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was glad to have your daughter in one of our classes. She was a great student and an even better shooter. You have a great reason to be proud of her.

I was not the instructor of this class, but I was there to mentor and help out on the range. This class was taught by one of our apprentices.

She is definitely going to be able to defend her self without any issue. I just wish she could make one of our carry classes. Since we already had a range session, she just needs the classroom stuff. Hopefully she gets a class and her license really soon. She should not have to worry about her safety simply because she is cute.

Please keep in touch and let us know if she has any issues.

Jeff.

Thank you and your daughter for attending our class.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is an OKC group that specializes in Women's Personal Defense it is called:
http://www.oklahomapersonaldefense.com/
The Oklahoma Personal Defense Academy for Women.
They may do other more "standard" courses as well but they specialize in personal defense (not just SDA) courses for women. If your daughter calls tell her to ask for Tammy Pinkston.

Glad your daughter found a class. I still think this is a great one for any ladies interested in shooting.

LL

Latest posts

Top Bottom