Don't Tell The Girlfriend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I was up at Sooner State Pawn - North yesterday transferring a firearm that I had sold, when out of the corner of my eye I spied some nice wood grips peering off at me. As the transfer was going through, I sauntered over to the gun case and took a look down, and what did I see, but a Sig Sauer P220 decked out in some very nice, albeit smooth grips. I expected to see a price tag of $699 or higher, but to my surprise, they were only asking $499 for this firearm, and I knew that the price was always negotiable. I asked to see it and feel it, and they let me handle it and disassemble it. This was no safe queen, it had been shot....a lot. The barrel especially had the markings of a lot of back and forth slide movements due to 1000s of rounds, but honestly, it wore even and the bore looked good (no pitting), just a tad bit dirty. I also noticed that some dust had settled underneath the hammer. I made them offer and we hee-hawed back and forth, and eventually it was mine out the door for only $460. Only when I got it home did I realize that it was made in West Germany. I looked up the date codes from the proof marks and determined that it was made in 1992. So there you go, here is my new pistol, my first Sig, and my first 45 ACP that's a keeper. It came with two magazines, but no box, and all it cost me was $460 + Dinner At Milagros with the Girlfriend + Margaritas. I told her only after she was halfway done with her drink, and I even did the dishes to boot. So all in all, I came out on top.

11391164_10101420993400071_6460562359902609928_n.jpg

16385_10101420993504861_1217265923743589881_n.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Nice score!

The P220 is a sweet shooting gun. I have a friend with one, and we've put some rounds through it. Word of advice, don't by "Pro" mags for it! He ended up shooting the mags, literally. Total junk.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice score!

The P220 is a sweet shooting gun. I have a friend with one, and we've put some rounds through it. Word of advice, don't by "Pro" mags for it! He ended up shooting the mags, literally. Total junk.

I am looking for about 5 or 6 more magazines, but dag, those things are expensive. I usually stay away from Pro Mag stuff, but I will continue to do so on your advice. Thank you.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great price for a great gun. The wood grips give it a very classy look.

You will enjoy that SIG. I have two P220s. One is a Browning BDA that I bought in 1978 for $340.92 and my other is a gun I bought back in 2003. Both guns are 100% reliable and superbly accurate. The only negative is that if you pick up your brass you will need to wear hiking boots.

From time to time you can find a sale on SIG mags. A couple of months ago, Midway USA had them for $36. I have never used Pro-Mags in my SIG due to the bad press they have (I do have a couple for my M1A that run without issue). I do have a handful of 8 shot Novak SIG P220 mags (made by Mec-Gar) that run flawlessly. My understanding is that SIG has levered Mec-Gar not to sell SIG P220 mags unless they are branded by SIG.

Enjoy!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, yes! You done good. Beautiful pistol! (Sounds like you've done alright in the girlfriend department as well!)

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and all it cost me was $460 + Dinner At Milagros with the Girlfriend + Margaritas. I told her only after she was halfway done with her drink, and I even did the dishes to boot. So all in all, I came out on top.

So you did the restaurant's dishes? That's really over the top even if you are trying to suck up to your girlfriend. ;^)
BTW - what does your girlfriend have to do with your personal finances?

Latest posts

Top Bottom