Flashlight question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A flashlight I just got is very intriguing to me. It's made by Bushnell. Looks like a "C" cell in size, but takes 2 CR123's. It's billed as the first "high definition" flashlight. Has a click tailcap switch that illuminates a "B" in green. When the batteries are dying, the "B" turns red. It also has a side switch that changes from standard illumination to pulse. What's really weird is the beam pattern. It's perfectly square with no shadows or hot spots. The light is perfectly even and there's no spill outside the square beam.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So apparently, this flashlight (SunwayLED M10R):

http://www.batteryjunction.com/sunwayman-m10r-r5.html

(the new 220 Lumen version) is kick-ass, but no one has them in stock yet. I ordered one from battery junction and they replied to my order that they didn't have them in stock. I took this to mean that they did at one time and just ran out. So I canceled my order and went to a couple of places on ebay. No dice - got two more cancellations and went back to Battery Junction with a call this time - turns out this flashlight isn't even available yet (due out Dec 10th).

This is probably one of the most impressive flashlights I've read about for the price.

Next on the list is this one:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-ex111.html

NiteCore's EX11. Its pretty impressive, but not as cool as the SunwayLED one listed above.

I'm not convinced that 4Sevens (specifically in the Quark) has the R5 / S2 LED thing worked out yet since there's some dispute over how many Lumens their newer models produce and the runtime appears to not be as awesome as they're claiming. I'll get one when they work all that out with their newer models, but for now, its the two above for micro-pocket / EDC flashlights to go along with my Fenix PD20.

Honestly, This ITP would probably not be getting sold if I knew ahead of time that the SunwayLed was delayed. But now I have to replace it and it looks like my greed might get the best of me and I may order both of the above just to compare and play with them both.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just went ahead and ordered the Sunwayman and will wait on it, but I cancelled my order for the Nitecore. Apparently the EX10 has a bad parisitic drain.

I've heard a story or two about Quarks being slightly fragile if dropped. Still looking for one more single-cr123-powered pint-sized EDC light.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my Quark 123 Mini in today - its pretty impressive for a little flashlight. I kind of wished I had gotten the regular Quark instead when I first opened it up, but this little guy packs some serious punch in a tiny package (S2 version).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure by now, no one cares anymore, but my SunwayMan M10R came in right before Christmas and I've had to use it several times and I've got to say, this thing is a bad mother of a flashlight.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/sunwayman-m10r-r5.html

220 Lumens on high for 1.5hrs.
55 Lumens for 10hrs.
4 Lumens for 70hrs.

I wish the low setting was a bit higher than 4 Lumens, but the Med/High settings more than make up for it. I think I've found "the one".

I'd highly recommend this guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom