Formation of Groups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im reading good stuff in this thread.

Im sure many of you have read or heard about Selco, if not, google it and get busy reading. Im not opposed to having a loose plan and having or joining a group. I dont claim to be a great thinker or fortune teller but for the life of me i cannot think of a realistic situation where we would have to activate the BIG PLAN.

If shtf in a way to trigger the total collapse of government that would cause us to abandon our homes and lives, here in Oklahoma, i sincerly doubt a preplanned group could join up. Theres just too many varibles. Perhaps maybe a few could make it to a meetup place.

I think more than likely if shtf, groups would be formed naturally based on family or neighborhoods.

Lastly, whenever i think about total collapse type of scenario's, i just keep thinking NO LAWS, NO RULES, ANYTHING GOES. We can have a great moral compass, but dont think for a split second, that me or anyone else wouldnt kill you because you may be a threat or have something i need to survive another day.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when Selco started posting on S/B. His thread was a real eye-opener for me. I cannot even imagine living like he had to, but the realization that they never thought that could happen to them really made me think hard about how difficult that situation would be if you didn't have certain skills.

FerFal's experiences during Argentina's economic collapse was another one that gave me a lot of food for thought.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I remember when Selco started posting on S/B. His thread was a real eye-opener for me. I cannot even imagine living like he had to, but the realization that they never thought that could happen to them really made me think hard about how difficult that situation would be if you didn't have certain skills.

FerFal's experiences during Argentina's economic collapse was another one that gave me a lot of food for thought.

they really opened my eyes too.

I just re-read what he was saying about starting a fire. " Forget the sparking stick things or rubbing sticks together, get a bic lighter or a few of them and just make a fire. Its that simple. It was harder and more dangerous to find wood for heat/cooking than finding a lighter. Dont make it complicated, use a bic."

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the other things about Selco's comments that struck me was the fact that they didn't see their country's collapse coming. Sure they knew there was some strife between two political factions but apparently even up to the day their city "fell" so to speak, plenty of folks were simply obivious to what was coming. He freely admitted that he was taken by surprise and took great pains to outline the signs, in retrospect, he should have heeded.

Lots of folks talk about the collapse of this country like they can hardly wait for it to happen -- a "resetting", if you will. I do keep a mental note of these guys (it's kinda funny now as this seems to be the "conversation topic du jour" of folks -- maybe because of shows like Doomsday Preppers, Revolution and ehhhh, I can't remember the name of the other one right now) because folks who think this is gonna be an adventure remind me of kids who sit on the video game console just a little too much and think that if things go sideways they can just hit a button and start over.

A "reset" is gonna cause a lot of long-term suffering and I'm too old for that **** ... especially if I have someone (or several) folks around me who thought it was gonna be great fun ... I'm not gonna have the patience to nurse them along ... or keep them outta trouble ... Dullards ... Be careful what you wish for.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of the other things about Selco's comments that struck me was the fact that they didn't see their country's collapse coming. Sure they knew there was some strife between two political factions but apparently even up to the day their city "fell" so to speak, plenty of folks were simply obivious to what was coming. He freely admitted that he was taken by surprise and took great pains to outline the signs, in retrospect, he should have heeded.

Lots of folks talk about the collapse of this country like they can hardly wait for it to happen -- a "resetting", if you will. I do keep a mental note of these guys (it's kinda funny now as this seems to be the "conversation topic du jour" of folks -- maybe because of shows like Doomsday Preppers, Revolution and ehhhh, I can't remember the name of the other one right now) because folks who think this is gonna be an adventure remind me of kids who sit on the video game console just a little too much and think that if things go sideways they can just hit a button and start over.

A "reset" is gonna cause a lot of long-term suffering and I'm too old for that **** ... especially if I have someone (or several) folks around me who thought it was gonna be great fun ... I'm not gonna have the patience to nurse them along ... or keep them outta trouble ... Dullards ... Be careful what you wish for.

I agree. Im too old, fat, grouchy and impatient to put up with nonsense fantasys. If collapse happens to us like in Selco's city, Im taking advantage of NO LAW, NO RULES and ridding my area of potential umm threats. Lol. I like my cushy life.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, Bunny, did I tell you that I got the rough draft of my novel done and printed out? It came to over 1400 pages. I am in the process of proofreading, doing corrections, etc, for it right now. I am about a third of the way done with that.

It's getting there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom