Formation of Groups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, Bunny, did I tell you that I got the rough draft of my novel done and printed out? It came to over 1400 pages. I am in the process of proofreading, doing corrections, etc, for it right now. I am about a third of the way done with that.

It's getting there.

Yes, you did. That's a LONG novel! LOL Who are you trying to be, Ann Rynd?!?! :wink2: (I'd like to read it when you are done. It sound interesting!)

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you did. That's a LONG novel! LOL Who are you trying to be, Ann Rynd?!?! :wink2: (I'd like to read it when you are done. It sound interesting!)
There is also a far amount of what I think is practical preparation advice in it as well as a bunch of gun stuff.

No, hon: not Ayn Rand. Leo Tolstoy!! :clap3:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the things I haven't seen about these groups is, who will be the leaders of said groups? Who will make the decisions of who does what? Is there any kind of pecking order or rank structure, organizational table?

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the things I haven't seen about these groups is, who will be the leaders of said groups? Who will make the decisions of who does what? Is there any kind of pecking order or rank structure, organizational table?

I feel safe in guessing that the kitchen will not lack for cooks.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel safe in guessing that the kitchen will not lack for cooks.

And that, sir, is why at the end of the day it is better if you stay at your place over there and I stay at mine. I'm not real big into the "group" thing at all ... way, way, way too many chiefs (most of them who know absolutely nothing about being chief -- in my somewhat limited experience with "groups") and not nearly enough indians.

All fun and games aside, my experience with groups has been that the vast majority of folks out there aren't interested in pulling their weight in any way, shape or form. What they want is to figure out what you have. Then they spend the rest of their "relationship" with you trying to convince you that YOU have nothing to bring to the table and that everything you have will, necessarily have to become "theirs" because, well ... because they are the "logical person to lead the group" ...

I have no patience with assholes ... I'd just as soon shoot you as let you breath the same air as me if you are lazy, shiftless, a liar or a thief ... And THAT, in my experience, seems to be the types of people who form "groups" ...

Nope ... Not a big fan of "groups" at all ... :nono1:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that you can have asshats. However, you shouldn't allow those people into the group. For instance, a couple guys at work that have similar interest as myself (feel the need to have some preparations) have been getting together to teach each other new skills. Although there are ~10 of us that come to these meetings, there is only 1 who I share a "plan" with. Most of the guys in the group I wouldn't trust in a SHTF scenario. Some aren't level headed, some are dependopotamuses, and most don't bring anything to the table other than they have a weapon. So, with that being said, my one true friend out of the group and his father and I share similar interest and goals, live very close to each other and would help each other should anything happen. Whether it be a natural disaster, or societies collapse.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that you can have asshats. However, you shouldn't allow those people into the group. For instance, a couple guys at work that have similar interest as myself (feel the need to have some preparations) have been getting together to teach each other new skills. Although there are ~10 of us that come to these meetings, there is only 1 who I share a "plan" with. Most of the guys in the group I wouldn't trust in a SHTF scenario. Some aren't level headed, some are dependopotamuses, and most don't bring anything to the table other than they have a weapon. So, with that being said, my one true friend out of the group and his father and I share similar interest and goals, live very close to each other and would help each other should anything happen. Whether it be a natural disaster, or societies collapse.

Interesting, Jake. Maybe we can talk more about this one day...

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that, sir, is why at the end of the day it is better if you stay at your place over there and I stay at mine. I'm not real big into the "group" thing at all ... way, way, way too many chiefs (most of them who know absolutely nothing about being chief -- in my somewhat limited experience with "groups") and not nearly enough indians.

All fun and games aside, my experience with groups has been that the vast majority of folks out there aren't interested in pulling their weight in any way, shape or form. What they want is to figure out what you have. Then they spend the rest of their "relationship" with you trying to convince you that YOU have nothing to bring to the table and that everything you have will, necessarily have to become "theirs" because, well ... because they are the "logical person to lead the group" ...

I have no patience with assholes ... I'd just as soon shoot you as let you breath the same air as me if you are lazy, shiftless, a liar or a thief ... And THAT, in my experience, seems to be the types of people who form "groups" ...

Nope ... Not a big fan of "groups" at all ... :nono1:

Tell us how you really feel. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom