Gene Leroy Hart....help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

Let me first throw out this disclaimer: I'm not wanting to hurt any feelings or start a battle of any sorts, just some help.

My wife has a hobby of collecting mass murderer autographs, drawings, paintings, and all sorts of ephemera. She's been reading on Gene Leroy Hart and the Sirloin Stockade Murders/Roger Dale Stafford, and the Edmond Post Office Shooting/Patrick Sherrill. She even got to touch and take a picture of gene Leroy Hart's Oklahoma prison uniform...his last one.

***So, my question for you all***

Has anyone seen a bumper sticker titled: Free Hart -or- In the Hart of Gene Country?

I know these were floating around Oklahoma in the mid-1970's and finding one or both of these may be a loooong shot. If you have.....AND.....either know how I can contact that person...OR...have one that I can purchase, please let me know through this site's PM. I will pay cash for these items.........just PM me.

Thanks

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I share her 'hobby'.

No help on the sticker.

I do know of some of the people who were there tho, they lived in my grammas neighborhood in Tulsa (51st and Sheriden area behind Spudder) and went to scouts with my aunts and cousins.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also collect murderabilia mainly for the autographs. I have Unabomber, BTK, John Wayne Gacy, Terry Nichols, Manson, Sirhan Sirhan and lots of other autographs. You may want to contact Eric, the owner of Serial Killers Ink. He has a list of collectors he emails directly when he has special items come in and may know who to reach out to for some odd pieces.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't help with the search, but like some of you, I have a very slight connection to that case. At the time of his arrest, I was serving on the Muskogee County Grand Jury. We had an OSBI agent assigned to us. I do not remember his name, but he left in a hurry one morning, and we were told that Hart would surrender only to this agent. We all thought that was pretty cool back then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom