Help - Ideas needed for back yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks,

Last summer I built a big, expensive water feature in my backyard. Didn't do the proper maintenance and it ended up looking like crap this summer. So, I did what any guy would do - pulled it apart. So now I am stuck with this

[Broken External Image]

Now I have about 150+ of these

[Broken External Image]

Plus about 50+ of these

[Broken External Image]

I have been unable to sell the rock and refuse to give it away as I have spent a lot of money on it. So, I am planning to re-sod the dirt area and have been trying to come up with something cool to build so I can make use of the rock/blocks I have.

Only rule is I don't want to spend anymore money doing this except for basic necessities. My gf thinks we should either build a firepit or some type of outdoor fireplace. She's obviously a woman so I dismissed her opinion :pms2: JK!

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Alternatively if we have any landscape professionals here I would trade all this rock if you would make my backyard all pretty like :sunbath:

Jonny

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a sever "grass hater", I'd suggest burning all the grass out, putting down a couple inches of sand, and throwing the rocks out at random. Then rake between them and call it a rock garden!

And in truth, I kind of like your woman's idea. A BBQ with some sort of southwest theme would be pretty cool, low maintenance, and you would have less grass to worry about.

Sensing the theme here? :)

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how pretty a cinder block BBQ pit would look but I'd do the fire pit, if you can find a square one. Most of the ones I have seen are circular. I want a nice firepit so bad.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your responses so far :)

I guess it's just me, but I don't see a fireplace in the middle of the yard looking good. So, it would require some type of slab to put it on, which involves buying a bunch of concrete yada yada... As mentioned, I am trying not to spend much more on this "project."

I could have bought several kickass guns, instead I bought some silly rocks!

Jonny

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta tell you I wish I had your rocks. But GC has tapped the "mad" money plumb out -- there are guns all over the place that have found a home here in the last couple of weeks ...

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your responses so far :)

I guess it's just me, but I don't see a fireplace in the middle of the yard looking good. So, it would require some type of slab to put it on, which involves buying a bunch of concrete yada yada... As mentioned, I am trying not to spend much more on this "project."

I could have bought several kickass guns, instead I bought some silly rocks!

Jonny

Forget what it looks like. Two things: 1. Fire is cool. 2. Making the woman happy while playing with fire is AWESOME!

Latest posts

Top Bottom