How fast is too fast in neighborhood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't want to hit one of those kids. T'were me, I'd slow way down each time at that spot. Not because someone told me to, but because I don't want a hurt child on my conscience. Given the family, that may just happen to someone.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some of you should park at the end of the block and walk the residential streets home if you are that worried about hitting a kid. This fella says he slows down to 14mph and still gets yelled at. Do you know bicyclists that wear the spandex and low drag helmets routinely pedal a bike faster than that? If your kids are too slow to get out of the street when a car that is approaching from half a block away, maybe you should put a shorter leash on them! Put down your tablet, Nook or phone and involve yourself in their activities.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You don't want to hit one of those kids. T'were me, I'd slow way down each time at that spot. Not because someone told me to, but because I don't want a hurt child on my conscience. Given the family, that may just happen to someone.
Of course I don't want to hit a child, but would it be wrong to say some of those lazy ass adults with no parenting skills need to be squared up with sometimes.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course I don't want to hit a child, but would it be wrong to say some of those lazy ass adults with no parenting skills need to be squared up with sometimes.
Maybe, just maybe some of those non-parents are secretly hoping that one of their kids does get hit by a car . . . then it's PAYDAY, baby!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a board member on a HOA, I've worked with the popo, most people react to what they perceive as the aggressive sound of a vehicle long before the actual speed of the vehicle. Long story short...people are cray cray.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_rEvhrlt.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg
I suggest a new paint job
I've always wanted an excuse to put a cow catcher on the front of my truck!

Bowler7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok here's the the real deal. Those of us that are going to slow down to a safe speed while people are in the road will do so. Those that aren't will pay no attention whatsoever to the speed limit sign or the drive like your kids live here sign. I really want to put another sign by the drive like your kids live here sign that reads (they do just ask your wife!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a board member on a HOA, I've worked with the popo, most people react to what they perceive as the aggressive sound of a vehicle long before the actual speed of the vehicle. Long story short...people are cray cray.

On the flip side of this....my mother in law was run over and killed on her morning walk by a 16 y/o who was too impatient to wait for the defroster to warm up and defog the windshield on a cool October morning.

People just need to chill the fawk out and do the right thing, time be damned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom