I just got a call......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dukester, you are a good father! Your son will remember that phone call for a long time. I'm 66 years old, and I remember a call like that from my father many, many years ago.

I completely understand the position our schools must take these days, even if I don't agree. Litigation gets very expensive, especially when you are in the right.

Best wishes to you and your son!

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dukester, you are a good father! Your son will remember that phone call for a long time. I'm 66 years old, and I remember a call like that from my father many, many years ago.

I completely understand the position our schools must take these days, even if I don't agree. Litigation gets very expensive, especially when you are in the right.

Best wishes to you and your son!
Thanks for saying that. I told him that the bigger man is the one willing to walk away, but if the other kid won't let him then make that little b@stard pay for it.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In my day folks, it was an automatic three swats for both parties and an individual lecture by the principle. Then when you got home if you started it you went to the wood shed, when you came out you sat very lightly for the next three days. My Dad always said don't start it BUT if someone starts it on you make sure you finish it permanently. Of course that was some 56 years ago.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks its normal for boys to fight at that age? I fought quite a bit when I was a kid but then most of us did then. These days I think they're trying to make young boys act more like young girls because its PC.

Anyhow, the boy is pretty broken up about it, especially since it sounds like the other kid got the better of him. I plan on calling him after work tonight to tell him that he did right and win or lose I'm still proud of him for not taking sh$t from the other kid.

They, the school, aren't going to take sides. When I was in school, if you got in a fight then both sides got in trouble. So if someone pops you, you might as well go balls out, since you're going to be in trouble anyway.

It doesn't make you a gurl to accept the consequences of your actions. Sometimes in school you just beat his ass and go to suspension. Sometimes it's the only way.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My wife just called me to tell me that my 11 year old son just got three days of in school suspension for fighting. Since I'm working in Wyoming right now I told her to go see what happened and who started it. I have ingrained in my kids' heads that no one has the right to put their hands on them and if someone does to respond in kind, but they better not ever start it.

It turns out that my boy did not start it and at my instruction, my wife informed the assistant principal that he would not be punished at home for fighting because he was defending himself exactly as I told him to. The assistant principal said that she would have told her kids the same but the suspension still stands because fighting back is against the rules. I guess schools today don't think people should stand up for themselves. Am I the only one who thinks its normal for boys to fight at that age? I fought quite a bit when I was a kid but then most of us did then. These days I think they're trying to make young boys act more like young girls because its PC.

Anyhow, the boy is pretty broken up about it, especially since it sounds like the other kid got the better of him. I plan on calling him after work tonight to tell him that he did right and win or lose I'm still proud of him for not taking sh$t from the other kid.

Once we hit middle school they started suspending in my day if a punch is thrown. The closest you can get away with not getting suspended is if all you did was move or block, but if you threw a punch even if you were getting jumped you got suspended.

I never got punished if I did not start it either and I had more than a few teachers tell me that I would be suspended but you cant let people go around punching on you.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my day folks, it was an automatic three swats for both parties and an individual lecture by the principle. Then when you got home if you started it you went to the wood shed, when you came out you sat very lightly for the next three days. My Dad always said don't start it BUT if someone starts it on you make sure you finish it permanently. Of course that was some 56 years ago.

Sounds like we went to school together and had the same dad!

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EASY FIX!!

Why don't all you moms and dads get involved with your local school board and change the %$$^@*&$ policy on fighting??

A nation of sheep begets the government of wolves that it deserves!

Those unwilling to participate in politics will be ruled by those that are willing to do so!

Turn off the TV and go to your public school board meetings, protest, and, vote out the imbeciles that promote this subservient behavior.

If you don't, you are condoning and encouraging more of the same.

Rant OFF. DD

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I would be proud of him too.

My boy got suspended to stepping in to stop a bully from beating up a smaller kid.

I told him I was proud of him, and he had himself a nice three day vacation from school that week.

Young man deserved a nice reward. Good for you teaching him to be a man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom