I just got a call......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is "normal" for young boys to fight but should be avoided if at all necessary. When I was in high school I avoided fights but I took up for a boy that was having a seizure by telling the bully that "he couldn't help it." From that time on this bully pushed me, they got this one boy all hopped up to fight thinking that I wouldn't fight back. Well, i always fought fair, no kicking and stuff like that and when this boy and I faced off, I asked him if he was ready and when he replied "yes" I recoiled my arm and let him have it one blow and he was down on the ground holding his face. From that time on I had no problems with the bullies. I still avoid confrontations, they cause more trouble that they're worth.
Perhaps your son was in the same boat and was bring pushed and he did what he had to do. It's all part of growing up and the suspension is temporary and someday will be a distant memory.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a bunch of BS. My daughter was jumped by a girl when she was in middle school because she was friends with the other girl's ex boyfriend. She didn't get hurt but the other girl smacked her around pretty good. My daughter got 3 days in-school suspension for fighting. Didn't matter she hadn't started it or fought back much. I've since told all my kids that if anyone starts a fight to finish it however you can. I don't espouse volence as the answer but when someone starts it and you are going to suffer the same fate you should be able to defend yourself.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the days have gone by when the principal was the alpha dog and had the authority and guts to punish the bully and tell the victim to do whatever it takes if the POS jumps on him/her again. Most of the 'fights' school administrators deal with are really assaults to begin with, but most of the time it is easier to punish the victim just because...

Cedar Creek

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Policy and zero tolerance are copouts. It takes the school system out of having to make any decisions and punish bad and reward good. We wonder why things are screwed up in this country...this is a big reason. It's from the top to the bottom. It's easier and more comfortable to just punish everyone instead of doing the RIGHT thing. It's all based on political correctness and it SUCKS.

I say release the name of the school, and the names of the faculty involved and let us start writing emails and letters to everyone involved including the school board. It's gotta start somewhere or nothing will ever change. If we keep letting this stuff happen, it's only going to get worse and we're going to end up with a bunch of little clonformist robots.

I taught my boy to never start ANY ****....but if someone jumps on you, you beat their ass untill someone pulls you off or until it gets to where they can't or won't defend themselves anymore.

Peace

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Zero Tolerance = neutered system, no way to deal the individual occurrence with common sense.

My son got suspended for jumping in when a friend of his was jumped by 3 wannabe ganstas. The 3 claimed the other kid started it, who just happened to be the smallest kid in school and being 1 against 3. Once my on jumped in, the odds weren't quite so conducive to the punks, plus they were getting their asses handed to them. Principal stated 'Zero Tolerance' and since the thugs were losing, they COULDN'T have started it and they wouldn't be suspended.

I threatened to sue unless ALL or NONE were suspended. All got the suspension and we had a nice 3 day father / son fishing trip.

He never got into another fight because there was no occurrence and the 3 thugs avoided him like the plague.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks that it happens this way but any more there is never a teacher around to say who did or did not start something. I think they try to look at it the same way as when cops go out to a domestic if they roll who ever has the least damage is the one who goes to jail.

When I got back to town I would take the kid for a day of playing hookey go to the range, get some lunch and maybe some ice cream. Sounds like they did good and since the in school suspension is generally sitting in a room with no windows staring at books it will be a nice reprieve.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in '98 when I was a Freshman, we had a shop teacher who would look the other way when boys would get to fighting. I handled my business with a couple guys in there and nobody got in any trouble. Of course none of us squealed either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom