I just got a call......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in '98 when I was a Freshman, we had a shop teacher who would look the other way when boys would get to fighting. I handled my business with a couple guys in there and nobody got in any trouble. Of course none of us squealed either.

LOL, I was the senior responsible for watching the shop one day when a freshman was about to get the crap beat out of himself. I walked over wrapped my arms around him turned and stepped in between to keep the peace. At first he was struggling cause he though his beat down was going to be facilitated by someone preventing the use of his arms, when he saw who it was he relaxed and nearly went limp since he was saved by me.

Then again I was the guy who would put some acetylene in balloon and let the thing off every once in a while so I had to try and atone for my other bad habits.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say release the name of the school, and the names of the faculty involved and let us start writing emails and letters to everyone involved including the school board. It's gotta start somewhere or nothing will ever change. If we keep letting this stuff happen, it's only going to get worse and we're going to end up with a bunch of little clonformist robots.

I wonder if it might be better to start local and branch out. Have you done anything at your boy's school, and if so, how did you go about it? Did it have any effect on the school or its policy?

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I told my daughter on her first day of school a couple years ago that if anyone starts anything to finish it. If that's all she does she won't have anything to worry about from me and my wife. If she starts something though she will be in a world of hurt. I'll be damned if my kids can't protect themselves though and there will be hell to pay if they try and fine her for trying to do so.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if it might be better to start local and branch out. Have you done anything at your boy's school, and if so, how did you go about it? Did it have any effect on the school or its policy?

I had a few run ins with the schools over the years. Most turned out pretty darn good actually.Without getting into painfully LONG stories about them, i just learned that you have to :

#1 Stand up to them no matter how much they try to railroad you. They'll try to "set up a meeting" you to death...hoping you'll get tired of it and bail.
#2 get everyone you can involved. School Boards, Mayors, Local news, Relatives, friends, fellow parents, etc..etc....when they see it's growing, they tend to backpeddle. Write SENSIBLE, WELL WRITTEN emails and letters and send'm to EVERYONE!! : )
#3 be active. Be Adult, and have your ducks in a row before you open your mouth.
#4 don't expect to SEE any major changes that you can go "i did that". It ain't about all that...it's about making stuff better for the kids in the long run.
#5 Be respectful.
#6 MAKE SURE the kids remain respectful too....it's real easy for them to get an attitude when they see mom and dad "fighting " for them with the school. Let the school KNOW that you don't have any delusions that your child is perfect and that if your child DOES do something wrong, you'll be the first one to back the school up and uphold a fitting punishment!

I'm not saying i changed the world, but when i saw something as wrong, i did what i could to right it. These school systems are all factories anymore. I'm not putting down educators, i'm putting down the system. Sure there are some bad apples, but there are bad apples everywhere. The SYSTEM has just got so PC and has adjusted to the "no compromise" and " don't rock the boat" attitudes that its all turned bad.

For Instance my kid (both 5th grade at the time)and his friend got in trouble once for standing in the playground tossing single gravels at each others feet....each one trying not to get hit. (hopping around like loons..hahaha) Now....even at the teachers admission they were NOT "throwing" Gravel or rocks, just tossing them. They didn't even tell them to stoppit...the drug them both into the office and wanted to suspend them "for inappropriate and dangerous behavior. " I almost flipped.... Longgggggggg story short..I told'm i'd take the whole thing to the local news and newspaper and see how many other parents had similar problems......no suspension...the teacher ended up apologizing....ended up admitting That he went overboard and the school apologized that they didn't look into it before setting punishments. This one only took a day...

The point of my previous post WAS....that these institutions only seem to understand Local outrage and MEDIA ATTENTION nowdays. It's rediculous and it's wrong that it's that way, but it is. You can't get anything done alone anymore. So until they learn to act different we have to fight them on their terms.

i guess....LOL

Last edited:

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And "In School Suspension" is so they get funds for the kid being in school that day.

AND so the parents can't take'm to the range when the kid has really done nothing wrong. They don't want parents meddling in their business with "their" kids.

And really....i'm not against schools, etc. I'm not agains MOST teachers and faculty. But ya get some that are "social workers" with big ego's and dilusions of grandure. It only takes one hole to sink a boat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom