I lost my job to a YouTube prank channel called okcpranks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beebeev3

Marksman
Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I just lost my job yesterday for a prank that someone pulled at my job 2 days ago.

TLDR: Someone was threatening my wife, me, and themselves with gasoline. Turned out to be prank but since my co workers found out I carry my job is toast.

Ive worked at this place for 3 years. I’ve been putting in a lot of overtime so my wife and I can have a nice Christmas. Wasn’t even on the schedule that day. She was working with me that night too. She was at the register, I was working the floor. I was pushing a cart towards the back room and I heard someone being loud saying “life been hard blah blah blah”

I turned around and my wife was fast walking towards me while a man with a gas can was following behind her. I figured he was asking money for gas and she darted around me and said “this man is trying to do something”. He started talking about how he’s tired of life and finna do something bad. I immediately noticed the lighter in his hand, quit listening, started walking the same direction my wife did to try to create some distance. He kept following me to the end of the aisle, my wife went one direction and I kept moving forward. I got into the next aisle and when he didn’t stop following I figured he was about to try to take me with him and I began reaching. As soon as he saw what I was doing he started yelling “it’s just water it’s a prank” I told him I almost shot him and he started apologizing. My wife started screaming at him and we started yelling at him to just ****ing leave. He apologized all the way to the door and tried plugging his YouTube channel and I don’t even remember the name. This all happened in about 40 seconds.

What I didn’t see was him walk up to her and open the container and pour it on his head.

Police came, got a description, and left. They told me if I would’ve shot him I would have been charged. I told them I felt like my wife and I were just chased around with a gas can and lighter and that I would rather be in jail than on fire and they said “well that’s fair” I went home and made a post on Reddit about it in the CCW subreddit and it blew up. Someone found his YouTube channel name which is okcpranks. (Please go report him and get his channel demonetized) From there we found all his social media, his name, his girlfriends name, his moms name, his dads name, his phone number, and even his email. It’s all be turned over to the police and I have an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow.

Ultimately I’m glad it was just a prank, I’m glad I didn’t have to shoot anyone, I’m glad nobody was set on fire and I’m thanking God my wife is safe.

But what really sucks is I’m now jobless for Christmas. I don’t have money for gifts for my family, and the only jobs to call me back are a huge pay cut. I’m not asking for charity but if someone could please help me find a good paying job I will gladly do whatever I need to do. I’m comfortable working any time of day, any day of the week. I never call in unless I’m too sick or injured to get out of bed. I’m use to working long hours and I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Just reaching out for any help and advice. Y’all stay safe and have a Merry Christmas.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry that happened to you.
It appeared you had a legitimate threat that could have ended your life. I can't understand how the LEO would say you could have even possibly been in the wrong by defending yourself.
Next statement is to stay off of social media when this happens to you.
Now you see the consequences. You may have been in the right on this situation, but your employer did not want nor need the social media information about their business.
I hope you get a new job soon, and agree it sucks to happen right before Christmas.

Beebeev3

Marksman
Reaction score
That sucks.. to assist though we need to know your skill sets and type of work you are looking for.
I’ve mostly done labor and retail. I was a closing manager at my store/pharmacy for 3 years. Got experience with inventory management, delegating, training, record keeping, pharmacy, loss prevention. I have past experience in moving (residential and commercial), cooking, and lab experience.

I’m really interested in anything I can work my way up at. I planned on staying there until they gave me my own store, I was in the process of being accepted as an emerging store manager, which is about 6 months of running a store before they put you in charge of it.

Beebeev3

Marksman
Reaction score
It appeared you had a legitimate threat that could have ended your life. I can't understand how the LEO would say you could have even possibly been in the wrong by defending yourself.
Now you see the consequences. You may have been in the right on this situation, but your employer did not want nor need the social media information about their business.
I hope you get a new job soon, and agree it sucks to happen right before Christmas.
Oh I was fired before I posted it. Just made a draft and posted it as soon as I was let go.

Beebeev3

Marksman
Reaction score
Would you have any legal recourse against the guy who pulled the prank? How is that any different than feeling threatened by someone with a fake or unloaded firearm? Cause it doesn’t seem so to me. Water or not.
I have no idea if he’s going to be charged or not. I’ve handed all the information they need over on a silver platter. All they have to do is find his address and arrest him. I’m heading up to the station tomorrow to pester them again

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I had someone drunk and on drugs trying to break down a door to my house I controlled the situation without having to shoot (although I did draw at one point). The LEO's showed up and told me they'd have arrested me too.

For anyone wondering why I don't trust LEO's completely, that interaction factors in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom