I need your thoughts and prayers to help me cope...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dave,

A couple of posters here have hit it on the head. IT WILL GET BETTER. Time is what you think you don't have, but it's the best thing you've got right now.

Also, I got custody of my son. I was an unemployed computer geek with a heart problem and the truth overcame that.

Not sure if it will help given your location, but I know a GREAT divorce lawyer who is a father's rights advocate up in Norman.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not the child of a divorce because my parents were never together but I can attest that children are more resilient than you may think. I visited my dad for about a week or two in the summer and that was it, and during that time I spent most of my time in YMCA childcare. The only reason he fought for joint custody was to get his child support reduced.

My mom, father, and his wife fought like cats and dogs ever since I could remember. I remember taking my toy handcuffs and cuffing myself to my bed when he would come to pick me up. I have been through mental and physical abuse from my father but my mom is a very strong lady and she always made everything all right. None of the many bad experiences I went through because of my parents not being together could ever surmount the enormous amount of love and sacrifice my mother made for me. Be a good dad and your kid will be more than ok.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dave, If you need help with any of your classes. I can try to help if I can. To me teaching is theraputic but if you feel you cannot go through with a class I will either come to your place, if I am free that weekend, or you can send them up to me. Have them pay you first, if they dont we can meet up and I will give you the fee for each student you send to me.

Sorry to hear of your situation. Call me if I can help.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers out man....sorry you have to deal with this. Even more sorry for your boy. I'm assuming all chances of reconcilliation are off the table; counseling etc...?

As far as what to tell your boy....Why not be there to tuck him in every night? Do NOT pack your things and leave.

If you didn't ask for it, why should YOU be the one who has to say goodbye to your son? Maybe it's too early to lay that on you, but the old stereotype of the father being the one left out in the cold just pisses me off, especially if the wife is the one initiating the divorce and you have done nothing worthy of breaking up the marriage.

Fight for you son. Stand fast and make HER live with the choice that she made.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers out man....sorry you have to deal with this. Even more sorry for your boy. I'm assuming all chances of reconcilliation are off the table; counseling etc...?

As far as what to tell your boy....Why not be there to tuck him in every night? Do NOT pack your things and leave.

If you didn't ask for it, why should YOU be the one who has to say goodbye to your son? Maybe it's too early to lay that on you, but the old stereotype of the father being the one left out in the cold just pisses me off, especially if the wife is the one initiating the divorce and you have done nothing worthy of breaking up the marriage.

Fight for you son. Stand fast and make HER live with the choice that she made.

^^This, and a lot of good info on here, bottom line ...It sucks it really does, but it can be done.

Short story ,..Ive been married 6 times, and only divorced twice( second wife loved me soooo much she made me marry her 4 times...LOL) only to find out she was just after my insurance( she Had back problems).
She went shopping one day, kissed me on the way out, 3 min later , got the knock on the door.

I kept the house ,the kids werent hers, so with xxxxx amout of dollars she was gone.
1st wife was paying me child support, but i let her off the hook, now were fairly decent friends.

.Anyway , Good Luck, stay calm, watch what you say and Gods Will will make its path.

texaco_okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave we all it seems run this this rough patch in a marriage. Lord knows we have to, but with a lot of prayers and effort on both our parts we are keeping it together. Prayer is a powerful thing my friend, sometimes you feel all alone but as long as you have the lord walking with you, you will never be alone. Keep your head up and take it day by day. I will be praying for you and your family.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhh damn Dave I am sorry to hear this. I just went through this last fall. Brother prayers are sent, don't lose faith though even though there was a another man involved my wife came back to me. But only after I made changes in my life that needed to be made. Not for her but for my sake. There were things about me that were badly wrong. I won't intrude but if you need to talk check your PM box my number will be their. Stay away from the booze talk to a therapist or clergyman of your faith that deals with these things. Get help get someone to talk to and I'll share my story if you get hold of me and maybe it'll help.

No matter what you do get help dealing with this especially for your child's sake.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Married first time for 13 years. Second for 10. 3 kids first. Adopted the seconds 6 month old. And haven't had any contact with him for close to 6 years now. All I can hope for is when he's 18 he will find me. Running on the third marriage now. With more than my share of female friends inbetween. When my first left for my best bud and hunting buddy. I was devastated. Now I send the effer a Christmas card every year thanking him. And with the tidbits my kids talk about... Karmas biting him in the ass every day he's still with her. There's no way to make you understand that today doesn't blow chunks. But sheet will get better. The kiddo is the top priority. Don't fight with mama on front of him. Just because today you two are talking nice. Doesn't mean the same by next month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom