I remember the good old days of OSA Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to the same thing in the Bagain Post days. I'd see a classic car for sale for the same price for a year or two. Some longer. Like, go fawk yourself. Still see it on CL cars too. People baffle me.

I sell to actually sell.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes I sell to get rid of something and when that is the case I price accordingly and make decisions based on that. And then there are times I have something that I don't necessarily have to move or care if I keep it so it might sit until the right buyer. Case in point...I have a NEW Noveske upper in the classifieds that I will just keep if it doesn't move. So maybe I might fawk myself with that ad.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen some things on here that have been bumped for weeks, I offered $10 less than asking price and didnt get a response. Price hasn't dropped in the weeks and months said items have bumped. Same in WTB, post a good deal for the item they are looking for, and they keep looking..

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to see some amazing deals on the classifieds. Seemed like it was "i'm getting divorced"/"lost my job"/"need surgery" or w/e but people would be pricing stuff to MOVE.
I imagine they have better access to make sales these days, and thanks to the GOP they don't need to worry about demand.

I've eventually regretted every gun I've ever sold! Even the guns that gave me trouble. lol

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I sell guns I sell cheap enough they move fast. If I don't get an offer in a day or two, down it comes.

I'll do that when it's something I want to move to make room for something else, but I'm too poor to give stuff away on any regular basis.

Other times it's just something I know I won't be using but isn't in the way so I'll put it up for what I think is a reasonable price and if anyone wants it but thinks I'm too high they can always PM me with an offer. Stuff in this category I don't mind hanging out there forever - I've searched for things more than once and only found two year old ads, but if they'd still been there I'd have been glad to have them at their asking price.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good deals: I remember when I first started here. There was a wonderful CZ P-01 that someone had at an 'excellent deal' rate, like $300 or something. I couldn't post in classifieds yet, so I pm'd that I'd take it. Cash in hand, meet that afternoon. No dice. 'I wasn't qualified since I didn't have some 10 ******** posts or something'. Sumbitch! I have a concealed carry license, my own damn gun range and positive feedback on several others boards. Was just too new at OSA. Pissed me off so bad I almost left and swore I would remember that member's name until the day I died.

No idea who it was/is. And I eventually got over it. But damn, I missed a killer deal.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood the trade only stuff. I agree with Ridgehunter, just take cash and buy what you want. Oh, but if you insist on trading. Read the classified adds. I've seen a number of trade guns and its obvious that folks don't see that others in OSA have what they want.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to do a hell of a lot of buying selling and trading here...mostly cause I got to shoot all kinds of different guns that way I guess. I still do some, just not so much. I have done multiple deals with three or four good guys here, never felt like I screwed or got screwed. There's still plenty of good deals in the classifieds. If I was in the market for anything in particular, this is where I feel most comfortable. If I decide to sell or trade something, I feel the same way. Plus, made some good friends from here (classifieds started it) too. I have no problem with the OSA classifieds. I like trading when I have something I'm tired of or bored with maybe and just want something different too. In fact, I might put up a .22 pistol here pretty soon in trade for a different one. Just cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom