I remember the good old days of OSA Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rarely deal in the classifieds. I've had bad experiences two of the four or five times I've tried to sell something on here.
One, I saw the guy was a long time member here, and he was wanting some items I had. Told him to send the check and I'd send the product at the same time so they would cross in the mail. My shipment showed it arrived on his porch and I never got my money. He said somebody must have stole it, because he never got it as the address was a house he was working on or something.
Sold another guy some items. He said he got it, but it took three reminders over a couple of weeks to get the check to me in the mail.
Lesson learned.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had so many great transactions here. No complaints. One person bought a gun from me, used it in a crime the next day (leaving the gun at the scene), and the feds came knocking on my door. That was quite unsettling for a while. But, overall, the classifieds here have been a gold mine for me buying/selling stuff.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had so many great transactions here. No complaints. One person bought a gun from me, used it in a crime the next day (leaving the gun at the scene), and the feds came knocking on my door. That was quite unsettling for a while. But, overall, the classifieds here have been a gold mine for me buying/selling stuff.

That's a bummer! How did they know to come to you? Original buyer?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that's the reason I now require a bill of sale unless I know you well.

Yikes. I only sell guns to people I "trust" via screename history. I will ignore newb's PMs. Sorry newbs. My prerogative. I've been here 8 years. I can just about guarantee that the 4-5 guys I've sold guns to here are solid.

Another reason I sell cheap/lower prices quickly. I'd rather sell to someone I "e-know" for less money than a newb for more money.

Done a couple mail deals with mags, holsters, some non-gun items, etc. Both buying and selling. No problems. Reminds me I found some brown clips for a Milt Sparks IWB I sold with black clips last year. I still have the dude's address so I need to drop them in the mail for him.

Craigslist on the other hand...let's just say there are some people that have gotten a Saturday morning visit from some missionaries they scheduled online for themselves. And junk mail from as many sources as possible.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be lucky, because I've only had 1 bad deal in the whole time i've been here. I used to sell and trade a lot, but have slowed down quite a bit. I would typically start out fair and would drop the price just to move on to another gun to try. Low ballers will come back with offers of $200 on a $450 price tag, uh no, I'll keep it for that price. It's a hobby to me.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, it isn't armslist crazy at least. I appreciate you voicing your opinions here instead of sending crappy PMs to people. Had it happen to me on here recently. I thought it was funny though, don't like my price, don't buy it!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had more good deals and FTF meets and mail exchanges with guys on here than I can possibly count. Lots of stuff here is priced at almost-new prices, which I just laugh about and move on. Sure, some people will pay that just to not have to fill out a 4473. Actually, I've seen some snatched up in a day that were higher than if new AND taxed. With nothing extra. But hey, to each his own... I've only sold a couple of firearms in my life, traded a couple. I like to peruse the Classies, though, occasionally you see a good deal. There's a couple out there now that I'd like, if they weren't duplicates of something I've already got, or whatever.

I do laugh at the prices of some of the stuff - personally, the AR world name-brand stuff just boggles my mind, but some people wanna pay that. Not me, not really. No way I'm paying a premium of 100, 200 or even 300% on items just for a name and a slightly slicker finish. If others want to, that's fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom