I remember the good old days of OSA Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okuma

Crocodylus Pontifex
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright I went back and re-read @AMT7 's post and see the issue. The rules do not state that you have to check a DL at a trade, that section is just a part of a sample conversation between traders where one may ask the other to see theirs.

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one FTF here that a OSA'er took a pic of one of our DL's which was not mentioned in the terms or any communication which severely upset us as I am very aware of the severe abuse of technology that various entities are engaging in. A visual check would have been sufficient but I will not be dealing with that member ever again. I left good feedback due to everything else being satisfactory but future deals will forever include a restriction on this. As with that info someone could steal your identity married with very little purchased black market info.

Sent by a right hand on a mobile with Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one FTF here that a OSA'er took a pic of one of our DL's which was not mentioned in the terms or any communication which severely upset us as I am very aware of the severe abuse of technology that various entities are engaging in

Agreed...I would have stopped the deal right there, personally. If you want to check to see that I have an OK DL, that's one thing, and not a huge issue, but trying to copy my info would make me walk away. And if you dropped that bomb on me once we met up FTF, I'd be pretty irritated that you wasted my time making me come out for a meet.

I don't ask those questions in advance, because I figure if you have those kinds of rules/restrictions, you need to put that out up front. If that's the case, no harm, no foul, we just don't do business.

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after driving for an hour and a half it was discretionary on our part to continue as the guy was upstanding in every other way. Just think it was severe ignorance on his part. If we would not have had so much time and distance invested it would have not gone down. Hopefully the fella gets straightened out in future deals as this practice not being tolerable to nearly all of us.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed...I would have stopped the deal right there, personally. If you want to check to see that I have an OK DL, that's one thing, and not a huge issue, but trying to copy my info would make me walk away. And if you dropped that bomb on me once we met up FTF, I'd be pretty irritated that you wasted my time making me come out for a meet.

I'd walk away too.

Remember that guy here that got robbed when he got home from a FTF at Bass Pro?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember that! Got a link to the story? Dang, how did I miss that?

Maybe it's the multiple whiskey sours this morning...

I tried to find it, it might have gotten lost in server shuffles. It was referenced a few times, even as far back as 2011. The guy who robbed him was wearing a black Obama '08 t-shirt. The guy lived in MWC iirc.

bass pro obama robbed site:okshooters.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom