I want an Air Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I want an Air Rifle. I have a squirrel and cat infestation at my house.

What do y’all recommend? I’ve never owned or shot an air rifle and don’t know what’s good or bad.

Give me your air rifle wisdom, OSA.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For simple, effective, and fairly cheap I would look at a spring piston. I bought Decent one at
Wally world.for $100. A cross man I think, came with a scope, and shots great. The break in
Can take awhile, mine took about 100 rounds before.it got consistent. It will take out what
You want, and up to cats and armadillos with well placed shots

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have and have used both pump and break barrel to me the pump is more accurate and that was all i used as a kid the break barrel is heavier and i have only used the 22 cal ones. as a kid i have used them on raccoons, skunks, possums and squirrels but at short ranges. It really depends on how much you want to spend and how often you plan on using the break barrel springers you can cock it and leave it cocked without loosing any power but i wouldn't leave it for a real long extended time but that's just me. I use this site when ordering and have no problem and they do sell rebuilt ones also. Air Guns | Shop Rifles, Pistols & Ammo | Airgun Depot

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to invest more money, you can step up to nitro piston, or pre charge
alot of the nitro piston are tuneable, as are the pre charged. The pre charged requires
A scuba tank, or special pump to charge them. It just all depends on how much you want
To spend, and how much you are going to use it. Price range $99 to $3000 plus

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Sheridan Blue Streak 5mm that my daughters learned to shoot with. Upper body strength builder and accurate open sighted marksmanship and safety trainer.
I have found 5mm pellets online easy enough.
Powerful enough to kill a bigger critter with a head shot. Pretty loud for in town use, Gamo has some air rifles that are very quiet.
Dad has a very expensive 22 RWS with Bushnell Elite scope that will stack pellets in the same little hole

Latest posts

Top Bottom