I want to get active.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zandroes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In politics.

I see people saying to write/call those that represent us and voice my concerns.
Who do I call or write?
What do I say? I don't need exact words, but don't know if there is a formal way to present myself.

I am just trying to do my part. Thanks for any help..

grnflash

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't looked at it yet, but Ruger is supposed to have links on their site to help you find out who to call/email.

I think it was Ruger, anyway. Can someone confirm that?

Here's an Idea... I could go look for myself, right? LOL!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The Ruger page that was mentioned is linked in this thread.

http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?162383-Ruger-is-making-a-stand-how-about-you!!

Don't be afraid to contact your representatives. Most are human just like you. Be respectful, think out your response, and remember that your words are going to be associated with our cause for the recipient. Do that, and your time to contact them will be well worth it.

Glad to see more people wanting to get involved. It's very encouraging.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to get active as well, finding the words to voice your concerns in an eloquent fashion or at least a manner that conveys your opinion positively is perhaps what stops a lot of people from writing to their reps. Personally I would send the same letter to all of our Oklahoma delegates and Reid the senate majority leader (Reid's might be a little different though).

Here you go:

All of the Oklahoma House of Reps - Click Here

Your district rep: Click Here

Our Senators: Click Here

Senate Majority Leader:Click Here

----------------------------------------

I found all of this info by

*doing this*

*and this*

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Eloquence is not required. Just sincerity, honesty, and not being rash or offensive. Not everyone is a professional writer, but all of our voices matter, and more so the more of us are saying something.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I began to get active just lately. I have sent chain e-mail type stuff to congressmen before but never a personal e-mail. After hearing that group e-mails typically get ignored, this time I drafted out and sent a personally written e-mail to my senators and representative.
From What I understand e-mail is more effective than snail mail, due to the lengthy process it takes before it gets in the hand of you congressman's legislative assistant.
Then legislative assistant is the person who is really reading your e-mail and answering the phone they let your rep know "which way the wind is blowing" on specific issues.
As soon as bills get introduce and out of committee I will be e-mailing and calling my rep.
to go along with your communication to your congressmen take the time to join/donate to the NRA, Second Amendment Foundation or the GOA.
Now that the ball is in the congresses court we need to make ourselves heard!

Latest posts

Top Bottom