Incredibly Short Approval Times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These short turnarounds are fairly simple.
If you fill out a 4473 and its approved in like 30 seconds, chances are you will be approved quickly.
If your like some guys here and always get a delay. Oh well, that's life. No change.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still in ATF jail since December. No quick times for me evidently.

These short turnarounds are fairly simple.
If you fill out a 4473 and its approved in like 30 seconds, chances are you will be approved quickly.
If your like some guys here and always get a delay. Oh well, that's life. No change.
From what I'm hearing, e-filed individual Form 4's are coming back in a few days, but Form 4's filed under a Trust are still taking longer? :anyone:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talked with a dealer today who said that times were “all over the board” BUT they are seeing some as low as a couple days.

I may test the water tomorrow.
So I bought a suppressor at my dealer with Silencer Shop’s “Single Shot Trust”, filled out Silencer Shop’s online form, did the ATF form … Silencer Shop says they don’t have my order… dealer says the do and have assigned a serial number. Dealer has been very helpful and I really like working with them. But I am a bit confused on the process.

Should I be concerned on my order or is this the way it goes? Secondly, when does the “Docusign” document get sent to me? When the dealer gets the information to Silencer Shop or when ATF gives their blessing?

Appreciate any advice!

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I bought a suppressor at my dealer with Silencer Shop’s “Single Shot Trust”, filled out Silencer Shop’s online form, did the ATF form … Silencer Shop says they don’t have my order… dealer says the do and have assigned a serial number. Dealer has been very helpful and I really like working with them. But I am a bit confused on the process.

Should I be concerned on my order or is this the way it goes? Secondly, when does the “Docusign” document get sent to me? When the dealer gets the information to Silencer Shop or when ATF gives their blessing?

Appreciate any advice!
You should have had to create a Silencer shop account at the time of purchase.

It’s kind of convoluted to get to on the website. But login go to your account. Click my account/dashboard then click on orders.

If you have an order in the system it should show up there.

Then you can click on view and view timeline. Then it will show you wheee it is and what docs require signature.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all fairness, you're not hiding anything from the government this day and age, and you don't ever get tired of a suppressor. :D
When it all collapses, the difference between NFA owners and non NFA owners will be the NFA owners have the stuff they want and will be able to use it however they see fit to deal with problems if any arise… and everyone else will have their standard equipment or home made/assembled equipment. I agree, get all ya can while ya can and enjoy freedom while she exists.

Latest posts

Top Bottom