Is there anyone here stupid enough to do this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is correct, it's not for your benefit it's for thiers

Again, it does not benefit any of the utilities in okla. They are regulated by the ok Corp commission. Not only can the OCC say when and if new generation capacity can be built, they also regulate how much profit the utilities can make. It's not very much.
Having to purchase power on an open market because the OCC won't allow new construction for base load capacity is very expensive, and the OCC says this is to be paid by the rate payer.
That's you and me.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a new home built in 2000 and let CREC put one of their devices on my air conditioner. They paid me 100 dollars per ton which amounted to 400 dollars in my case. Also I was told the device would only shut my compressor off for 10 minutes out of every hour and this was only during peak loads. Please hold all the stones but I have to admit I never knew when they turned off my compressor..10 minutes is not very long. Also installed the same thing on my hot water heater..The benefit here was they furnished the hot water heaters..I was given a 50 gallon heater and could have actually received 2 if needed. Once again, I never knew when or if they used the device. IMO..if CREC would offer the same program again, I would sign up again..:thumbup3:

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a new home built in 2000 and let CREC put one of their devices on my air conditioner. They paid me 100 dollars per ton which amounted to 400 dollars in my case. Also I was told the device would only shut my compressor off for 10 minutes out of every hour and this was only during peak loads. Please hold all the stones but I have to admit I never knew when they turned off my compressor..10 minutes is not very long. Also installed the same thing on my hot water heater..The benefit here was they furnished the hot water heaters..I was given a 50 gallon heater and could have actually received 2 if needed. Once again, I never knew when or if they used the device. IMO..if CREC would offer the same program again, I would sign up again..:thumbup3:

You had a home built in 2000. There's the key to not noticing. My house was made in the early 1980s. Insulation, windows, and all the latest ideas on how to minimize energy use weren't key then.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, your probably right Buddhaman. Our house is very small for today standards..but we tried to have an overkill on insulation and being air tight..Actually, our home is only 1120 sq. feet. with 3 full baths but is very open designed. Probably the reason the compressor could be off for 10 minutes and we never noticed.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, it does not benefit any of the utilities in okla. They are regulated by the ok Corp commission. Not only can the OCC say when and if new generation capacity can be built, they also regulate how much profit the utilities can make. It's not very much.
Having to purchase power on an open market because the OCC won't allow new construction for base load capacity is very expensive, and the OCC says this is to be paid by the rate payer.
That's you and me.

Perhaps the correct approach would be to get in touch with the OCC and find out what their plan is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom