1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Walsh at the Beatles tribute.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RickN, Feb 9, 2014.

1. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter Member

Did any of you watch this? The wife wanted to watch even though I am not a Beatles fan I watched it with her. Towards the end Joe Walsh and a couple other guys tore it up!!!! I am not even enough of a fan to remember the song but I will not forget the performance. I will look for the video to post.

EDIT: Song was As My Guitar Gently Weeps and Gary Clark Jr. was one of the others playing.

2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Moderator Staff Member Moderator Member

I like Joe Walsh. Never was a fan of the beatles. Just could never get past the hysterical girls screaming/crying at the concerts.

3. RickN

Same here, but I think my wife was one of those screaming girls. :D :D

4. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter Member

I like Joe Walsh and I really like while my guitar gently weeps. I'll have to see if I can find a youtube of it.

Another great version of the song is on the concert for george video. It's clapton singing / playing and a ton of other big names. If you get the disc also check out "my sweet lord" sang my Billy Preston.

Here ya go

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  5. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter Member

I watched and enjoyed it. I saw Joe in Hampton,Va. back around 1975. I think he with Barnstorm on the card with Marshall Tucker. I was always a Beatles fan. Liverpool Legends has played Ponca City twice and they were great.

6. RickN

Got it!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  7. TwoForFlinching

TwoForFlinching Sharpshooter Member

In a hundred years of superb acts, Beatles are the greatest band ever in my mind. Not to say others can't stack up... Dave Grohl is the man. Volbeat is the definition of music diversity. There will never be another Buddy Holly, John Hooker, or Hank Williams... but the Beatles can't be beat

8. turkeyrun

turkeyrun Sharpshooter Member

wasn't a fan. wasn't interested. wasn't going to watch the tribute. didn't watch it.

Yahoo has a story about fans being mad at Katie Perry and her appearance on the tribute. Didn't read the story or know what the brouhaha is all about. I DON'T CARE unless it ruins her career. At that point, I still don't care.

9. Lone Wolf '49

Lone Wolf '49 Sharpshooter Member

10. cznick

cznick Sharpshooter Member

It was a good show last night. We saw the Liverpool Legends in Branson, excellent group if you like the Beatles.